Monday, April 14, 2014

Gaming laptop suggestions?




Joey


Hi there. It's time to purchase a new computer and I want to buy my first laptop, so I can bring it with me where ever I go. With that said, I've looked at some options from Walmart (and anything is better than my four year old computer). My budget is $300-400. I know it's not much to work with, but I'm not looking to max out my settings in games I play, either.

World of Warcraft is what I play most of the time. Well as other games like Rift, TERA and Aion. I usually only lag when there's a large amount of people, with my current setup that is. For example, if a group consist of twenty to forty players, than I'll have problems. Not so bad that I can't adjust myself, though. If someone would be kind enough to suggestion what I should maybe get, then that would be awesome.



Answer
A gaming laptop with your budget.... my god that seems impossible. But heres the closest thing to possibly being able to play World of Warcraft (on low settings of course). http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-K55N-DB81-15-6-Inch-Laptop-Black/dp/B00COR29XI/ref=br_lf_m_1001058601_1_1_ttl?ie=UTF8&s=pc&pf_rd_p=1636061902&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1001058601&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YGV66CF987QM8GQC05N#productDetails

Ever since my laptop overheated games wont run smoothly?




Ryann Moro


But they used to run really smooth i could play games without a problem but now when i play them there laggy and i have tried everything from checking the laptop virus etc graphics lower res etc and so on
AS I SAID I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! INCLUDING RESTORE



Answer
First, you don't ask the same question over and over again. If you don't get the answer you want, that's the breaks... it's Yahoo Answers, not Yahoo Tell-you-what-you-want-to-hear.

Now... ever since your laptop overheated games won't run smoothly. What have you done to fix the REASON why it overheated? Do you have any experience with the lint trap in a dryer? Well, lint, dust, dirt, debris, etc. gathers between your fan and the heat sink in the cooling channel over time. It needs to be cleaned out periodically, and it *SHOULD* be taken apart to be cleaned properly. If you haven't fixed the cause of your overheating, your laptop is almost certainly still running hot... which will degrade performance greatly.

Have you run any diagnostic programs to show you how hot the system and GPU are running? Of course not... you would have shared that information if you had.

Oh, and even though you asked the question twice, you still didn't include the make and model.... why is that important? Well, it would give an indication as to how old the unit was, so we would have an idea how much debris would be up there blocking the channel.

Look. I get it, you are a gamer. That does NOT make you a repair technician though. Take your laptop to a repair shop and let a professional diagnose your issues and give you your options. This really isn't an area for amateurs. But if you insist on doing it yourself, download programs like Speedfan http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php and GPU Caps Viewer http://www.ozone3d.net/gpu_caps_viewer/ to find out how hot your system is running, and you can put your GPU under load and measure it's temperature and performance. Then, take your laptop apart, and clean out the cooling channel.

EDIT: Oh, and since you have said NOTHING about the things I have suggested in either one of the times you asked your question, you *obviously* haven't tried everything.

end of line




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gaming laptop suggestions?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment