Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Age of Empires 2 won't install?

best gaming laptops april 2013 on Top 20 Free iOS Reference Apps in April 2013
best gaming laptops april 2013 image



Crouton


I'm on windows 8, and whenever I try to install Age of Empires 2 on my computer, it gets stuck at 23% on graphics.drs every single time. I get an error message asking me to either abort or try again, and when I try again, it gets stuck at 23% again with the same error. It says "Age of Empires II setup encountered a disk error when writing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\DATA\graphics.drs make sure your hard disk is not full, or that the file is not in use."
I know that I have enough disk space (with 250,000 mb to spare) and I know that the disk isn't scratched either because it works in another laptop that's on windows 7. Is there something I can do to get it to work on my windows 8 laptop, or is it hopeless?



Answer
Don't rule out disk damage so quickly. Some dvd roms are more susceptible to reading error than others. You're AoE2 cd really isn't damage after 10+ years of use? Hell, even I can't run my 1997 Diablo 1 cd anymore and I'm super careful with my CDs and dvds. Try to make a virtual image of the CD on your other computer (using powerIso for example), copy and mount on your laptop using a flash stick and see if it installs on your laptop. If you have compatibility issues you can buy AoE2 on steam now -> http://thenextweb.com/shareables/2013/03/09/age-of-empires-ii-the-best-video-game-of-all-time-is-coming-back-this-april-will-refreshed-hd-graphics/




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Age of Empires 2 won't install?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment