Saturday, November 2, 2013

How do you convince your parents to buy a gaming laptop?

5 best gaming laptops yahoo on Watch live video from notebooks.com on Justin.tv
5 best gaming laptops yahoo image



Kairi Hito


Well, we saw a an asus g74 gaming laptop for under $900 on e-bay. We brought it on my aunt's account but we used my mom's credit card for it, but the money never transferred. My boyfriend said it was because my mom had to use/make her own in order for the payment to be successful.

We did made my mom her own e-bay account but we did not make a paypal account for her just yet. As soon as we were about to make my mom's paypal account. My aunt logged into her account on her phone kicking mom's account out on my computer and signing my aunt's account in the computer.

Things got confusing because every time we did something e-bay kept switching the two accounts around for a good few seconds then stopped. After everything seems to be back in order we went ahead and tried to re-order the computer on my mom's account but paypal said wrong password or user name. My aunt got a bit furious and it was stressing both me and my mom out. We tried about four times then went on with my aunt's doing the same thing to her as well.

She then went onto yahoo to get a verification email from e-bay in order to reset her password. However, instead of saying her original username for e-bay with password reset verification. It gave her my mom's user name instead. She got mad and said someone had messed up her account and pointed fingers at me and my sister when we said that we did not even touch her paypal account.

Another thing had happen when we logged into paypal, my aunt had to re-enter her 1st security code in but it kept failing. But when I put in the security code. The 1st security code in for my mom's yahoo account. It logged in successfully, giving her further proof/believing that I messed up her account.

We have been fighting with e-bay with three days trying to buy that computer. The seller said he would re-list the computer on the site and he did. We re-brought it on my mom's account. My mom got a phone call from her bank saying that money has been transfer. My aunt gotten confused again and tried to re-log into paypal with the order saying "completed."

My aunt then told my mom to call the bank up and ask for a refund. My mom did so without telling me what was going on. My aunt had said we had to wait 6 days for mom to get money back, so we cannot buy anything on e-bay. Today is the 5th day and I asked my mom a question and she said that the seller has refunded the money back to us since we were having so much problems.

Me and my sister is really upset about this, we have the money for that laptop but the only one who can order it for us is our mom and aunt, but they suggested on finding another gaming laptop with that same price. I told them that they will not see another gaming laptop with that same price and they should have let someone else in the family who order a lot of stuff online order the laptop for us.

We tried everything and nothing seem to have worked. I kept getting into constant arguments with my aunt and I felt like we wasted that seller's time... Is there anyway I can convince them to give it one last try?
At the first question: I am 19 years old, I have the money for that computer. However my mom is buying the computer for me and I will pay her back. A gaming laptop is FINE for me why is that? It is because the programs I run are to difficult for a normal laptop to handle. Gaming computers/laptops = High performance computers. My boyfriend builds gaming computer and go to school for it. So I know what I am talking about when I want to buy a gaming laptop.

At the second question: I am having that same type of way. My boyfriend said the exact thing you said before I went to yahoo answers to have my question solved. However I just recently talked to my aunt, she said that the seller for the computer has refunded our money and we have to wait 6 days for the payment. I am confused about this? Should I just call e-bay and paypal up to let them know what is going on?



Answer
I don't know how old you are, but if you are anywhere under the age of 18, you should NOT have a gaming laptop. You just don't need one. An everyday laptop will do.

However...

If your family is just rich to have have enough money to buy you a gaming laptop, then you should be spending your OWN MONEY!

How do you tell if a graphics card is good by it's name?




Brennan


Simple question, looking for a gaming laptop under 1000 and a graphics card is my first priority. If you know of any good laptops too post them here

Thanks
I don't necessarily "need" one, but my current laptop is also not at my desk all day either. It is also very nice on trips and friends' houses.



Answer
Well to save time and space i just answered similar question a few days ago
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AsAKprri1KhzEtqbQDV2Iejty6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20120911154441AAXm0nf
(typoed 8-9=high end, not 7-8, but i guess nvidia 7-8=high end, for amd its 8-9)


For your price range look for:

core i7 3xxx Qm (3rd generation core i7)
8GB of ram (more doesnt really help at all)
nvidia GT 650m grahics card (the gddr5 version is equal in performance to the gtx560m)

and really at this price point you either want a 1600x900 or 1920x1080 resolution screen.


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215410 (cheaper, 17.3", 1600x900 resolution, GDDR3 GT650m, only 5400rpm hdd, 7.05 lbs)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834152339 (amazing gaming laptop for the price. 1920x1080, 15.6", GDDR5 GT650m, 750GB 7200rpm hdd, nice keyboard, speakers, looks awesome only 5.28 lbs.) But being light, might also make it more fragile, so dropping it like a tard may cause more damage the heavier ones.

There is a $100 mail in rebate on that too.


EDIT: @alienware
you are out of your mind if you think they make the best gaming computers...

its $1100
and compared to msi above

-dual core i5, compared to quad core i7
-500GB hdd instead of 750
-but the biggest downfall of all..... 1366x768 resolution screen... eeewwwww....

sacrifice all that to get a shiny glowing keyboard. great idea!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How do you convince your parents to buy a gaming laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment