Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Can I run Diablo 3 on my Macbook Pro?

best gaming laptops november 2011 on Archos 80 G9 Tablet - Holiday Gift Guide: Computers Of All Kinds
best gaming laptops november 2011 image



dudymako


I have a 13" Macbook Pro and I was wondering if I could run Diablo 3 here? The computer's relatively new (bought it November 2011) and I wanted to play some games here. Can I?


Answer
You should be able to, but probably not too well (don't expect to play on high). Your laptop has an Intel HD 3000 graphics chip. It's not a dedicated graphics card- it's actually attached to the CPU. It's not really meant for gaming and it only has a small fraction of the power of any modern dedicated graphics card but many games, including Diablo 3, are designed to run on older chips too, and your graphics card is more powerful than a mid-range laptop card from 4 years ago (the minimum to run Diablo 3)

diablo 3 on 2011 macbook pro?




f3nderbend


I just recently bought a macbook pro in November of 2011 and I was wondering if I have the specs to operate diablo III on it? Any information would be greatly appreciated.


Answer
Yeah you should be able to run it on at least high settings, maybe max. Your processor is way faster than what's required for max settings (i5 or i7, doesn't matter which). Diablo 3 wont need much RAM either so you've got enough for max settings there too. The only thing that could hold you back is your graphics card. I think it's a 1GB AMD Raedon card of some sort in a Macbook pro from Nov 2011? This should handle at least high but probably ultra. Pretty much any dedicated graphics card will handle Diablo 3 except the entry level ones, and I really doubt something as expensive as a Macbook will have a crappy graphics card.

My laptop should handle high/ultra too, but honestly I'll run it on low/med regardless just to make it run super smooth and to stop my laptop from bursting into flames. Your Macbook will get hot too so if you're going to be playing games on it for long periods of time I'd suggest a cooling pad for your Macbook. They start at $10 but I'd spend a little more and get one with fans built into it. Hot components don't work as well as they should and trust me when I say 2 hours of Diablo will make your graphics card pretty toasty. Cooling pad helps keep everything running optimally so you'll be able to chomp through Fallen Shamans on high/ultra settings for hours! :D




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I run Diablo 3 on my Macbook Pro?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment