Saturday, February 22, 2014

Simple laptop video card question.?




Saveth


So i got a new laptop its a sony viao f series custom and i was wondering if i could get a new video card on a laptop and if i could get one what would anyone recommend? I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (1GB) dedicated graphics right now and the rest of the computer specs are down below.

Computer Specs:

Sony Viao F Series Customized
8GB (4GBx2) DDR3-SDRAM-1333
750GB (7200rpm) hard drive
Intel® Core⢠i7-2760QM quad-core processor (2.40GHz / 3.50GHz with Turbo Boost)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit
16.4" 2D Full HD LCD display (1920x1080) with LED backlight
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (1GB) dedicated graphics
how do i check if its a dedicated video card?



Answer
Congrats on the new laptop, nicely done with the configuration.

The bad news is that you cannot upgrade the video card in a laptop. You can replace it (with one just like it) if it fails, but you cannot upgrade.

The good news is that your video card is, "...a fast middle class graphics card for laptops." "Paired with a fast CPU, demanding games of 2010 should run fluently in medium to high details and SXGA resolution. In our tests for example Call of Duty: Black Ops and StarCraft 2 ran fluently in high details and 1360x768. More gaming benchmarks can be found in the lower section of this page. Demanding games released in 2011 like Anno 2070 or Skyrim will only run fluent in low to medium detail settings."

Link to source article below.

You have a very good CPU and laptop, so you won't be hating your graphics card for a good while yet. (That is unless all you play are brand new games like BF3 or CALL OF DUTY MODERN WARFARE 3.)

My gaming laptop is running games at a low frame rate, help?




Shelton


My laptop is a 2011 Dell Inspiron 17r (N7110) 64 bit operating system, with an upgraded 8 RAM, Intel Core i5 Processor, Windows 7 Ultimate, with 2.3GHz.

My laptop was used and its somewhat old, but it gets the job done... earlier i had to get it repaired and the repair guys replaced my hard drive with a small 250 gig hard drive and i am nearly out of space due to installed games and other large files. and lately my laptop has been running slow, my games run at a low frame rate and sometimes freeze at random times... I try to clear up as much space as possible but that doesn't work. I DO have an anti-virus program and I even use a program called ccleaner to clean up my whole laptop from files i don't need... but my laptop STILL runs slowly and games run slowly... even though my laptop fits the requirements of most games, the games run at about 20 frames per second... which is WAY too low for my level of a laptop... i think i need to update my drivers or bios or whatever but i'm not sure exactly what i need, do i need a bigger hard drive? and if so, how do I transfer all my data over to a new hard drive?



Answer
you are getting low frame rates because your laptop does not have a dedicated video card. you are using intel hd 2000, which is very bad for gaming.... the only way to increase gaming performance is to buy a new laptop, since you can not add or change a gpu in a laptop




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Simple laptop video card question.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment