Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Will adapters for using USA electronics in foreign countries still hurt your electronics?

best gaming laptops singapore on Cloud gaming now a reality in Singapore
best gaming laptops singapore image



Sketch7


I know the electric outlets in other countries are different from ours and can harm our electronics / laptops / game systems. Someone told me to get an adapter, but my friend's computer still got fried with an adapter. Are adapter's safe? Is there a way to charge your computer / electronics with something portable so you don't have to plug your stuff into a wall?


Answer
Yes, it might because the power voltage could be different than our own. When I visited Singapore I brought hair clippers and used the adapter they provided, and it shorted out. So just be careful and check to make sure whatever you are plugging in is compatible. I wouldn't think a laptop or game system would be harmed, but smaller electronics are more vulnerable.

going to singapore, airplane ride and charging my electronics?

Q. the trip from where I am at to singapore is 25hrs. I have a psp and a IPOD. I doubt either will last that long.

Do the planes have charging ports or places to charge the equipment? I am flying Singapore Air.

Or do you have any recommendations on how I can manage the battery life?


Answer
charging the ipod can be done if u have laptop. the laptop can be plug into a inseat power supply for laptop. there is no charging points for any device due to safety reason. there are power outlets but only can be use when the plane is on ground for ground crew use only. as for psp i dont think u require it after your psp run out off battery. every aircraft SIA owns has a entertainment system in every seat. u can watch movie on demand. anytime u want to watch a movie u can watch it from the begining. there are also computer games u can play with this entertaiment system. u can also listen to music if u want. there is also a booklet in every seat to guide u on how to use this service. best of all no extra charge. if still unsure the cabin crew are more than happy to help u out.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will adapters for using USA electronics in foreign countries still hurt your electronics?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment