Sunday, July 21, 2013

How to tell if my laptop supports video card?

best gaming laptop video card 2012 on Best Gaming PC Build Under $1500 2012 | Gaming PC Builds
best gaming laptop video card 2012 image



Bahaa


I have tune up utilities 2012 and it shows me the system info and there's a video card Intel(R) HD Graphics, and I also have the advanced system care v5.0.0 and it shows me that I have Intel(R) HD Graphics 1.68 GB, I'm a little bit confused.


Answer
I'm sorry I don't fully understand your question so I will give you three answer for what I think your question is
1: if you're asking if the graphics chip currently in your laptop is supported by your laptop, yes it is supported, a manufacturer wouldn't put non supported hardware in something that has their name on it (cough cough* I'm looking at you Asus)
2: if you're asking whether or not you can change a laptops video card, yes you can but its very risky, its like brain surgery, almost literally, and finding laptop video cards is also almost near impossible, you also have to make sure you have the right power supply and enough room and so on
3: if you're wondering why they show up differently, its because one is listing just the type of chip and the other is listing the type + the total shared vram memory it has, Intel makes onboard graphics chips so if you were wondering, it won't do you much good for gaming

How beneficial would it be to get an external video card for my laptop?




Blackdrago


I have a Dell Inspiron 1564. I want to play games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, Minecraft, nothing extreme, but I want to know if buying an external video card would be worth the $60-$80. Is it worth it? What one should I get?


Answer
external video cards are not very efficient you just have to compare the speed of the interfaces

(probable external graphic card interface)USB : 35 MB/s
(2012 standard graphic card interface) PCI-E 16x: 8000 MB/s

even if the card is really powerful, the transfer rate won't be able to get to it's full capacities because it won't be able to load fast enough

so if you had an external video card, it would be less powerful than the one that you already have built in. and you would not e able to use the screen of your laptop




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to tell if my laptop supports video card?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment