Thursday, August 22, 2013

Looking for a reliable laptop recommendation?

best gaming laptops the verge on ... Kirabook review: finally, a flagship Windows 8 laptop | The Verge
best gaming laptops the verge image



Devyn


I currently have a Dell Studio, which I've only had for about 3 years. It's on the verge of dying and doesn't function well enough on a regular basis. In other words, please don't recommend a Dell, I won't be buying any more from that brand.
I use my laptop for school and need it to function in classes instead of struggling to convince the mouse pad to recognize that my finger is trying to move the cursor.
I would like something between 15 and 17 inches. I also need something with the port that allows you to connect to a projector. I've forgotten what the exact port is called, but it's shaped like a trapezoid and has a bunch of small dots/holes in it.
The lighter the laptop, the better, because I have to carry it around campus with me. I need a laptop with longevity. My nearly 9 year old HP that I gave to my mom functions better than the Dell I've had for a 3rd of the time.
I'd like to spend less that $700 which is where the difficulty comes in.
If you have any recommendations that fit these specifications, it would help a lot! I'm not very knowledgeable about computers and need recommendations from someone who really knows what they're talking about. I don't want to just hope that a computer is good - if I'm spending money on it, I really need it last and have a reasonable amount of speed. My own research hasn't done much but find a bunch of mixed reviews that leave me more confused than convinced one way or another to buy the computer.



Answer
let me start o b saying that shopping according to make could result in buying a crap laptop as there are crap dells and sony vaios. i have tried many brands in the past and they have all been quite reliable but dell was the worst although it functioned well the build quality was just crap. anyway i currently have an acer and although people say they are cheap quality and there crap i disagree as it is fast enough and does what i need.
the reason make doesnt matter is because in reality makes such as dell,acer,hp etc buy the same computer parts but assemble it in a pretty case and some will overcharge for it. for your next laptop i would just buy according to spec as then you can never go wrong as ive been doing that. i bought a sony vaio in 2001 and it was good but my friend had brought a cheae make laptop that had better performance then mine and costed less which is why buying by make is not a good idea.
your budget seems quite healthy and heres what i reccomend for different needs:
for cpu:
1)intel celeron/pentium-good for normal everyday use uch as office and using the web. pentium does have the beter performance and worth it if u can afford it.
2)intel core i3-great for a budget level gaming processor or even better for normal everyday use
3)intel core i5-very powerful processor which is ideal for video editing and gaming
4)intel core i7-most powerful processor but pricy only worth it if ur gonna be doing and i mean intensive multitasking and if ur professional video editior or hardcore gamer

for ram:(more ram wont make a comuter faster unless u use msot of it)
1)4gb ram-more then enough for normal everyday use
2)4gb to 6gb-more then enough for gaming but 6gb would prob be better as in the future games may require more then 4gb and some games require around 2.5gb
3)6gb to 12gb-ideal for video editing but over 8gb is usually a overkill unless ur a professional

for hard drive space usually 500gb is more then enough but if ur gonna be gaming alot then maybe 750gb

u only need a dedicated graphics for video editing or gaming and i recomend 1gb dedicated or 512mb for light gaming but games such as minecraft/sims 3 can work any new computer

Is Playing the Yugioh TCG good for you?




Dray


i have been trying out yugioh and i think i have found out that yugioh is math.becuase of the life points and attack and defence points. cuz in most parts of yugioh you have to do math for the life points and stuff and because they're 4 digit numbers so i think yugioh is good for young kids but i would like yahoo answers opintion about this


Answer
Yes, I love the card game and the anime. I needed some help in Immunology class in Spring 2008 along with studying with classmates. I was on the verge of getting a C that semester and that's when I decided to let Yugioh help. I started making Yugioh cards (the card names and effect, no drawings) that related to Immunology. I tried to relate their card effects as much as possible to the real white blood cells' abilities in the body. This actually helped out a lot, so I ended up getting a B for the semester instead of a C. I told friend and professors what I was able to do and they were shocked. So yeah, this is where Yugioh came in handy the best for me. It sucks that I lost most of the cards I made up on my old laptop when it got messed up, but I'm trying to make them again. This time I'm making them be special summoned from everywhere like deck, hand, graveyard, and removed from play.

I hope this really enlightened you in playing the game.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Looking for a reliable laptop recommendation?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment