Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Why isn't Microsoft Word 2010 working, and how can I fix it?

best gaming laptops november 2010 on Raptor-Gaming LM2 Gaming Mouse
best gaming laptops november 2010 image



Emmybear


Okay, so I got a Toshiba Satellite laptop in November 2010, and from the day I got it, I've been typing stories on the word processor. Starting a couple weeks ago, I got this notification saying that Microsoft was doing updates and if the word processor seemed unresponsive that was why. Then, it started to not let me open or create new documents when I didn't have Internet. (I could still open WordPad)

Now, it won't let me open documents (whether it's in WordPad or Microsoft Word) or make new ones. When I try to open them, it says that "Word failed to start correctly last time. Would you like to start in Safe Mode?" and whether I click Yes or No (I've done both on numerous occasions) it still refuses to respond.

Then, Microsoft tells me that it isn't responding (as if I didn't already know that) and I have to close down the program. After that, it says something about it wouldn't start in Safe Mode and do I want to troubleshoot, on which I clicked Yes. Next it says that it's troubleshooting, and says something about fixing the problem (so I thought it was going to be fine)

There was a popup saying they were fixing it, but then the program cancelled itself and said that it could only fix programs that were installed. I haven't installed anything new onto this computer other than the game Escape Rosecliff, which was over a year ago.

I'm really getting worried that I won't be able to write anymore (and that's the sole reason I got the laptop) and that all of my hard work is going to disappear. I'm reluctant to download anything onto a flashdrive and then put it on a different computer, because I'm afraid there's something wrong with my files and it'll transfer the problem over to the other computer.

I know this was a really long question, and I thank everyone who read it all the way through and answers. I really appreciate it! <3



Answer
I assume you have an up to date anti-virus running. Run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and Super AntiSpyware. You may have to run these programs while in Safe Mode.

Go to Control Panel as if you are going to uninstall Word. Select the Repair option.

If these things do not work, take the files you want to save and put them on a flash drive. Install and print out the results from Belarc Advisor. This will tell you exactly what is on your computer and give you the product keys necessary to reinstall some software, specifically Word. You may have such a severe problem that you can not fix it any other way than restore the hidden partition on your computer. This is not difficult.

These are probably the directions for you to restore your computer to the condition it was in when you bought it: http://www.geekpolice.net/t18281-toshiba-recovery-partition-hotkey-instructions

Someone that is awesome with laptops please help!?




sexxy_llam


Back in November, 2010, I got my laptop, a 500gb Sony Vaio and I ignored the system backup messages until May. So then I ran the system backup and now I only have 66 gigs left. I canceled all future system backups and as of right now I'm compacting files to make more room but is there any possible way I can delete those back up files, and where are they located because I cannot find them. This would be so very greatly deeply appreciated. I do run games on my laptop but there is no way in hell it ate up 450 gigs. Because I was still at at least 400 gigs after my games were installed and all updates took place. I am running on windows 7.


Answer
Go into Backup and Restore in Control Panel and if you poke around enough you will find where it's located.

Also, I highly recommend that you back up at least into a different partition, if not a completely different hard drive.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why isn't Microsoft Word 2010 working, and how can I fix it?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment