Saturday, November 9, 2013

I'm getting a new laptop for college, it says the battery life will only last 2 hours 35 minutes max?

best gaming laptops for college on gaming laptoptop gaming laptoptop gaming laptoptop gamer and i get to ...
best gaming laptops for college image



Tristan


I'm planning on purchasing this laptop: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834231002&RandomID=715531745418422020130808133649 in a bit. It's a gaming laptop, but I'm purchasing it also for note-taking when I start college this fall. It's refurbished, but the new batteries last just as long. I'm not sure if it's going to last 2 hours 35 minutes while playing games, or if it will last longer when just using Microsoft Word, etc. I was wondering if anyone out there has this laptop and is willing to give me some insight on this issue? Or maybe if you own a similar laptop with the 2.5 hour estimated battery life, and can let me know if that holds true? Thanks!


Answer
Pretty much what Fred said. The estimated battery life they give you is when the computer is running at bare minimum. Not too many background services, very light work like reading news online, low power settings, etc. (Not all laptops are rated the same way but generally when running the minimum).

If you're gaming, expect that estimated battery life to drop significantly. I lost an hour when gaming since it requires a lot of power to keep that game running smoothly. I don't have the same laptop but expect a drop in battery life when playing games. About 30 minutes+ drop for games like Skyrim or Battlefield 3. Browser games like Tetris or maybe just Windows game, like Solitaire, will probably only drop somewhere insignificant like 5 minutes, my guess.

If you're using Microsoft word or whatever light on resources for a computer then you're fine. Just expect 2 hours at most as a safety net. Lower power settings like brightness, hard drive activity, antivirus to gamemode if you can, etc.

What's a good gaming laptop at an affordable price?




Andrew Dut


I'm looking for a good gaming laptop that's not to pricey I don't want to go over $1000 and I don't want it to get outdated in like 5 years. I'd be using it strictly to play "Star Wars the Old Republic". So I'd need a pretty good graphics card and good ram doing at least 6 gb. I would also like to use it for college and homework which isn't a problem.


Answer
It will be Lenovo Ideapad Y470.Because it has:

Intel i7-2630 @ 2.0ghz x 4 cores
nvidia gt555m 2gb
8gb ram
750gb HDD
Blu-Ray combo plus DVD Super Multi Double-Layer Drive
Windows 7 Home Premium

and the price is only 900 USD




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: I'm getting a new laptop for college, it says the battery life will only last 2 hours 35 minutes max?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment