Sunday, December 29, 2013

What should I consider when buying a gaming laptop?

best gaming laptop xps on Dell XPS M1730 gaming notebook,
best gaming laptop xps image



(no name)


I realize that "gaming laptop" is like an oxy moron but I don't have room for a desktop. What should I look for when buying a laptop. The one I have now lags so hard its ridiculous. I need it to be capable for MInecraft, C&C, Civilization, maybe sims. So nothing that crazy as far as gaming goes.If you have any specific suggestions that would be great.

For example what should I have (minimum) processor, graphics card, RAM, etc...

Thanks



Answer
It would be nice to know your price range, I could make a pretty solid recommendation, but i'll do my best in directing you to a good computer.

Two things to stay away from if you want a gaming laptop.
1) Mac's. They are wayy too overpriced for what they have to offer.
2) Alienware. Sure they are great gaming computers, but they break easy, and they are overpriced as well.

Processor:
I reccommend an Intel i5 or higher (i7 would be best)
anything above about 2.8Ghz is good, above 3.0 is ideal.

Graphics Card:
Nvidia GeForce is a good line of graphics cards, 1GB is good.

RAM:
Anything 4GB or higher.

I recommend any XPS laptop from Dell.

Why does minecraft overheat my computer?




Brian A


I have a relatively strong gaming laptop (the dell xps 15z to be specific) and it has no problem running high quality 3D games such as Portal 2, Amnesia, or TF2, but whenever I play minecraft, the fan starts running a whole lot faster and the computer heats up a lot. Why is minecraft taking more computing power to run than games that are more advanced than it?


Answer
You have to take into consideration that minecraft is incredibly graphically sensitive, as it is generating a potentially infinite world around you. Minecraft actually uses up more processing power than any of the other games you have listed.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What should I consider when buying a gaming laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment