Sunday, December 29, 2013

Why does my laptop keep randomly shutting down on me when I play the Sims 3 Late Night?

best gaming laptops may 2012 on Gaming on Maximum Pc Eight Ways Consoles Are Helping Pc Gaming
best gaming laptops may 2012 image



spiralnaut


It's not a power issue as my power works just fine and so does my charger.
I have Norton antivirus and there are no viruses or issues there.
I run defrag and cleanup once a week.
Everything else runs fine and it's random how long it will play before it turns off. Sometimes it's hours and sometimes it's only a few minutes.

I did put the video settings on high in Sims. Should I try lowering the video settings?

Could it be overheating or a fan issue? My computer does tend to shake a little and make a lot of noise and the fan runs a lot when I play the game (or any CD game.) But the shutting off is just quiet.



Answer
Hey, that is a great question, thanks for coming to answers, I hope this information helps.

Your computer may need general maintenance, this should help.

Delete all unwanted files and free Disk Space. Make sure at least 15% of your disk space is open. The computer needs this space for defragmenting the hard drive, Run defragmenter...

Check for viruses and other malware, clean them if found. Scan you computer with up to date anti virus program.

The sites below will help you with information and are free...

http://www.davescomputertips.com/2013/05/scanner-identifies-new-malware-variants-may-be-future-of-anti-virus/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivirus_â¦

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/security/3449913/when-malware-strikes-how-to-clean-an-infected-pc/?cmpid=HTML-DN300513&olo=daily%20news

http://www.ghacks.net/2012/09/06/avg-antivirus-free-2013-download-available/?_m=3n%2e0038%2e635%2end0ao02jm9%2engk

Clean fan with compressed air, and make sure it has air flow.

Click start>Run.. Type msconfig>enter>Start Up. Uncheck the boxes for the programs that you think you may not use often

Increase the RAM of your system. If you have vista or windows 7 you could use ram boost.

Back up your data and make sure you have a set of recovery/reinstall disks in case your hard drive goes out... In windows 7 you can make the disks in back up...
 Down load and install this program it is free http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner this is a good cleaner...

DISK CLEAN UP
Start- accressories-system tools-disk clean up

CLEAN COOKIES
AND HISTORY
Start-control panel-internet
options-delete cookes-history

CHECK DISK
Start-my computer C drive-
right click-properties-tools-check
disk-error checking-it will start when
your reboot or start the pc next time

http://www.pchelpsoft.com/hh-online/p/USB%20Device?gclid=CIi_3fiZ7bYCFVN0MgodLlkAGQ
http://www.ehow.com/list_7373156_completely-ways-fix-windows-errors.html

Source(s):
CompTIA A+ Certified Computer Professional

What is the best laptop brand that doesn't break so fast? What brand do you have?




~Paradox~


I currently have an Acer laptop, because it's affordable and works just as well as any other laptop. However, it breaks SO easily. Like in the course of about a year my laptop is already falling apart. :(

The hinges on my current laptop have cracks going down them. I don't even get how that came to be. I'm not opening my computer screen Hulk style. It's just the way these computers break that's frustrating, because I can't fix these kind of problem.

This isn't the first time either!! I've had an MSI laptop in the past and an Acer and they break so easily that it's almost not worth buying these brands anymore. I'm also not a fan of the mac computers by apple...

Anyhow, I'm currently a college student. So having a laptop is crucial! What's a good laptop brand that last more than just a year or two?

Thanks for answering! (:



Answer
My first laptop was a Acer. What you are experiencing is also the reason I stopped using mine and had to buy another laptop. I ended up duct taping the cracks until I could afford another laptop.

My mom has a Acer laptop that does not have a latch that holds the screen to the rest of the computer and she has never had this problem. So if you could find a Acer without a lock on the screen, you may not face this problem with an Acer in the future.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755. It does not have a lock the computer screen. The computer I have was around $550 when I purched it in April of 2012. The only problems I have had with this computer is that it will not play old games. I have not had any problems with the new games.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why does my laptop keep randomly shutting down on me when I play the Sims 3 Late Night?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment