Thursday, April 24, 2014

Help me find a good gaming laptop?




Kuma Ninot


I know people will not like me saying laptop, but I need to be able to bring my laptop out of my dorm when I start next quarter because I stay up late gaming and my roommates dont, also the internet in our dorm is shit.

If you know any good models specificly, let me know. If theres any you can think of that are at a good price also, that'd be cool. I want it to be able to handle Skyrim, since thats the game I have that my current computer cant handle, the rest it can do just fine with minute lag depending on what else is running...

Also, if you could just tell me what to look for if you cant think of a specific model that would help too.

If you care to know, my school is half pc and half mac. Buying a laptop for school is pretty much dumb since the majors all use different computers and I'm not even sure which one I want yet, and changing majors could make the laptop useless. I have plenty of 24hr labs with all the software I could ever need available to me, so my school recommends just getting a laptop for personal use if at all.

Thanks for helping!!



Answer
http://www.hardware-revolution.com/best-mainstream-laptop-notebook-november-2011/
there sud be several choices for you ^

Which gaming laptop do I buy?

Q. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834246132

or an Alienware 14x ($2,000) with these specs..

Intel® Core⢠i7 2820QM 2.3GHz (3.4GHz w/Turbo Boost, 8MB Cache)
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
Intel® Wireless-N WiFi Link 1000 a/g/n 1x2
6GB DDR3 at 1600MHz
3.0GB DDR3 NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 555M using NVIDIA Optimus⢠technology
750GB 7200RPM SATA 3Gb/s
14.0" High Def+ (900p/1600x900) with WLED backlight
8x SuperMulti DVD±R/RW Slot Load Optical Drive
Soundblaster® X-Fi⢠Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
for the games ..
Fallout 3, New Vegas, and 4 when it comes out
Sims 3, and 4
WoW
is it worth the $2,000? thanks.
please don't take the price into consideration, i mean the $1,000 one would be nice, but I can get $2,000 by november.


Answer
Actually more RAM won't mean fast gaming. If it's over 4GB, then you probably won't see a huge difference. (E.g, 8GB won't change anything compared with 6GB). What you should look at is the video card- that impacts games immensely! Both laptops have the same NVIDIA 555M which is a mediocre card. For value, go with the ASUS:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+Laptop+/+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor+/+17.3%22+Display+/+8GB+Memory+/+1TB+Hard+Drive+-+Black/2712579.p?id=1218346639131&skuId=2712579

That would be fine with what your doing, no lag, etc.

Or for the best, go with the Alienware M18x, but be sure to pick the "Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M â NVIDIA® SLI® Enabled". Otherwise use the ASUS posted above.



And whoever is above me, Macs rock. I have a heavy gaming desktop rig, Win 7 tablet, iPad, and then a 13" MB Pro. My MBP shreds the competition laptops, including my tablet. And this is coming from a (former) Windows user.

PROSPERO⢠recommends Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.

Edit: Price doesn't matter?
Wait for November, get the Alienware M18x, but make sure to get "Dual 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 580M â NVIDIA® SLI® Enabled". That's probably the second (or third) best video card you can get right now.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Help me find a good gaming laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment