Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Your opinion on laptops?

Q. I am a high school student looking for a cheap laptop, because the computer I am using currently is... dying, for lack of a better word.
I attend an online school, so I will be using the internet a lot. K12 is a windows based schooling system, but currently I am using a mac. There have been many problems doing this through a mac, but it is partially because this particular mac is rather old.
Anyway, I am thinking of going further into programming, so I've been looking at Windows laptops. Unfortunately, I have heard many stories of Windows laptops crashing and dying time and time again. Even some of my teachers have had this problem while in class.
I have also been looking at a chromebook. When speaking of the quality, I have heard little about how it is unreliable, slow, or irritating in general. The negative I have heard of it, on the other hand, is a serious problem for me. Third-party apps are not compatible with the computer. This is a serious problem, because I rely heavily on things like Gimp and a Wacom pad for some of my electives.
Apple is another choice, and coming from an Apple family, this would bode well for me. The only barrier is that I would have to install bootcamp or parallels again for certain things, and so far neither of those have worked with efficacy. That, and that it costs an arm and a leg.
So, what are your opinions on the three?
UPDATE:
I would also very much appreciate if you could format your answer like this:
Pros for a horse mask and hooves:
You can be a horse.
You can do funny things.
You're a horse.
Did I mention you're a horse?
Yeah, pretty much everything about it is cool.
Cons for a horse mask and hooves:
Nothing.

Thank you! I'm sorry about the poor formatting example... for some reason I couldn't think of anything else. Also, you don't have to format it that way, it would just be appreciated.
Yeah, forget about what I said in the last update. Just... ignore it. I actually don't care.


Answer
There are plenty of laptops that will do fine with Linux installed. If you like to game, don't install Linux at the moment. In the future, it might be good for gaming. Also, for Windows, the laptop works perfectly fine after re-installing Windows. However, it can get annoying having to restart twice a year.
You can check here for some in-budget laptops:
http://www.techradar.com/us/news/mobile-computing/laptops/top-laptops-25-best-laptops-in-the-world-706673/2

How do you set up a game server?







How do I make it to where a game that I created can be joined by another player on my network?
I would like to create a game on my desktop that my brother can join me in on his laptop.
Something like an MMO game.

-When I try to find the information that I'm looking for on Google, I find things about creating a server or creating a game, but not how to allow someone to join a game-world where other players are.



Answer
See the guide here: http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/how-to-set-up-a-dedicated-games-server-1053429




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Your opinion on laptops?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment