Thursday, June 19, 2014

Will my laptop run empire total war?




Diogo


Pc specs : i5 2410m 2,3 ghz (turbo - 2,9 ghz)
nvidia geforce gt520m 1gb
4 gb ram
windows 7 64 bit

please answer



Answer
The game was not released in 2004 as someone else stated...it was 2009. Regardless, I am certain this laptop will play Empire: Total War.

Why can't my laptop run Empire: Total War?




monkeysgal


Ok, I recently bought a new laptop. It's a Sony Vaio, Windows 7, 4Gig RAM, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz processor. I was thinking about buying Empire: Total War but wanted to check it out first, so I downloaded a demo off of Steam. The video that plays when you first run the game is very choppy and constantly blinks on and off. When I try to play, the graphics cannot be set on high, only on medium or low, also the gameplay itself runs somewhat slow and choppy, and the graphics are pretty bad.

What's the deal? I have a the standard graphics card (Mobile Intel 45 Express Chipset Family), and I don't know much about it, but I'm assuming that since the computer is pretty good, the graphics card must be halfway decent. I ran dxdiag.exe and it said it has an approximate total memory of 1759 MB, that doesn't seem that bad....

I've been able to run Counterstrike: Source, Rome: Total War, World of Warcraft, and Warcraft III: Frozen Throne on it so far without any problems. Someone please explain to me what the problem is, and if it has to do with the graphics card, please suggest a decent one which would not make games fail so epically. Thanks!



Answer
Your problem is with the integrated graphics card. Intel graphics cards are the lowest of the low in performance and there are only a handful of games that will run on them from this era. Upgrading the GPU on a laptop is not possible 99% of the time. On the other hand you could attempt to install patches for the game which are delivered through steam. Patch 1.30 improves performance for multi-core processors. There may be other patches as well.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Will my laptop run empire total war?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment