Tuesday, June 17, 2014

windows 8.1 game install help?




Jordan19


does anyone know how I can install quake 4 for my windows 8.1 gaming laptop? I inserted the disc and all I get are error signs like outta boundry -1, or error code.........I want to play this game so much, plz help....


Answer
Hello,

As Q4 is an older game released on 2005 for MS Windows, while released via Steam in 2011.
I have installed games from 1997 (Total Annihilation) to ArmA 3 (2013) on my Windows 8.1 Pro based system.
You may need to install it using "Compatibility Mode".
So unless your disc has a scratch, you will be able to install and play it.

My Gaming Laptop is running games significantly worse than it did 3.5 years ago, is this natural in Laptops?




Lars


I am also worried that my laptop will not be able to run games that will come out in the future, like Company of Heroes 2 and Aliens: Colonial Marines. Can you also please comment on my specifications?* Is it time for me to go with a Gaming Desktop?
I suspect the problem is overheating but cooling pads are not helping.

* Specifications
Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon 5650 1GB
Processor: Intel core i5 Dual Core 2.27 ghz
RAM: 4GB

Thank you- Lars

Ps: Provide as much detail as possible please, am thinking about replacing my laptop with a Desktop for Gaming, may still use it for other things



Answer
Consider replacing your gaming laptop to something more modern to today's gaming standards.

The 5650 is hardly worth the name of a gaming card these days. That is a mid-tier card or not even a gaming card depending on one's perspective. Your gaming laptop seem to perform fine about 4 years ago because games back then weren't as demanding. Now, in 2011- 2013 games right now are much more intensive if you want to play on the highest settings.

So again, consider looking for a better gaming rig. Yours is simply outdated. Not that there were problems with overheating or the cooling pads.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: windows 8.1 game install help?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment