Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Age of Empires 2 won't install?




Crouton


I'm on windows 8, and whenever I try to install Age of Empires 2 on my computer, it gets stuck at 23% on graphics.drs every single time. I get an error message asking me to either abort or try again, and when I try again, it gets stuck at 23% again with the same error. It says "Age of Empires II setup encountered a disk error when writing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\DATA\graphics.drs make sure your hard disk is not full, or that the file is not in use."
I know that I have enough disk space (with 250,000 mb to spare) and I know that the disk isn't scratched either because it works in another laptop that's on windows 7. Is there something I can do to get it to work on my windows 8 laptop, or is it hopeless?



Answer
Don't rule out disk damage so quickly. Some dvd roms are more susceptible to reading error than others. You're AoE2 cd really isn't damage after 10+ years of use? Hell, even I can't run my 1997 Diablo 1 cd anymore and I'm super careful with my CDs and dvds. Try to make a virtual image of the CD on your other computer (using powerIso for example), copy and mount on your laptop using a flash stick and see if it installs on your laptop. If you have compatibility issues you can buy AoE2 on steam now -> http://thenextweb.com/shareables/2013/03/09/age-of-empires-ii-the-best-video-game-of-all-time-is-coming-back-this-april-will-refreshed-hd-graphics/

Wrongful Arrest HELP.?




Zilvinas


On the 22nd of April we came back with my cousin's husband by van full of catalytic converters and parked near garage (my dad and my cousin's husband are buying them from metal merchants, used cars parts shops, ebay.co.uk. It's family business). After that we went home, we were sitting in the living room while my brother (15 years old) was upstairs playing computer games. Then police came through the garden gate and police officer told me: ' You are arrested of theft from a motor vehicle'. They put handcuffs to me,my dad, my cousin's husband and then to my brother, while my mom was crying and asking what happened. They told me to my mother to not to talk and she did so. After that my dad was showing invoice book and eBay.co.uk invoices.Following that my dad was taken outside and police officers told him not to talk. Then they took us all to custody, me and my friend were in the van in the cage. When we reached the custody we were held for 12 hours then questioned one by one. When we were released on bail we came back home and saw that the stuff was taken (Tv's,laptops, mobile phones, PC,monitor, xbox, all documentation, bank cards, jewellery, candle holder, catalytic converters, power tools, tools). They held our stuff from 22nd of April to 30 of July 2013, we got all our stuff back, however my dad business was affected, because he has all the information in his laptop. We were all in stress, we couldn't move forward, my mom didn't go to work, I was absent at college, although my brother had exam on the next day at Trentham High School. We had bad days, we were humiliated of an arrest in full view of our neighbours..

Can you help me on this matter, guys? Thank you.



Answer
Someone turned you in and said they saw all these car parts in your van. The Police need to investigate and if I had been a cop I would have thought the same thing. I guess in a way It's good you had all that documentation. I take it you didn't have you business out of your house registered.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Age of Empires 2 won't install?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment