Sunday, February 23, 2014

High CPU Usage making me unable to play games.?




koko


Hello, everyone!

So since June of 2013, my computer has been having a very annoying, and bad problem. High Cpu Usage. Basically, every 5 mintues on ANY game, even games that take up nothing at all, My FPS go down from 70-100 to 5-20. This goes on for almost a minute or two. This is weird, because I got this gaming computer in Christmas of 2012, and it was fine until June of 2013. I am willing to call dell, but before I do, I want to know, is there anything I can do about this? I did a virus scan, no viruses, and from what I can tell, when I get high cpu usage, the GAME is using about 50% of my CPU. My CPU is an Intel Core i7-3630QM @2.40 GHz. I run my games at low/medium settings. I used to play maxed out, but my friend told me my computer was over heating, and that obviously was not the problem. He also told me the thermal paste on my cpu may have been placed wrong or whatever. (Sorry, I do not know much about computers, I might have misworded that.) So I did a virus scan, and I do not know what to do. Any help guys?

Thanks!

~koko



Answer
Well, first off, I doubt viruses could do anything. Now, as for the issue...

-This is a laptop. Since you don't know much about computers, I would HIGHLY advise against trying to put thermal paste onto the CPU.
-Because this is a laptop, the most likely cause is that you either got a defective computer, or you just killed it somehow. I would recommend either taking it into a computer shop and see what they think, or RMA it if you can.

Intel 4th generation?




Kunal


When will laptops with this technology be available for purchase? I've been really thinking about getting the new acer aspire r7 laptop, but it's an i3 processor...should I wait to see which new laptops come out, or is there really not much of a significant difference? I'm not really a huge techie...I just want a nice laptop that will last me at least through college (3 years or so)...also, if i wait, does that mean some existing laptops, especially the new ones like the acer i just mentioned, will be available for purchase with these i4 processors?
srry i think im getting i3, i5, and i7 mixed up...i meant 3rd generation (if that's correct)



Answer
The release should be on or about June 3rd:
http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2013/04/26/chip-shot-4th-generation-intel-core-coming-soon
Initial pricing is always a bit higher than current generation. The main improvement is in Graphics as HD 4600 instead of HD 4000. Acer-Gateway is the budget priced brand of generally lower reliability according to PCWorld surveys done annually and by Squaretrade.com done in 2009, but HP and Dell tend to run about the same in those surveys.

The premium brands according to their data and other information would be Samsung, Asus, Lenovo that is not Essentials (Ideapads and Thinkpads are good).
The CPU improvement is only expected as about 10% or so. The integrated graphics mostly matters in low end gaming. The newer models may start causing discount on older ones, and that would be expected for August back to school specials.

It appears to be a 15.6" diagonal convertible tablet in Touchscreen. Do check Acer Touch screen reviews. The touchpad is behind the keyboard. Reliability won't be known for at least 6 months on that model. I would suggest getting the extended waranty.

There are other touch screen choices. This Acer is a cross between a Lenovo Yoga and Z500 touch.
No way to know when a new model will get Haswell CPUs.
Adding:
"Generation" by Intel is the Generation of Core i, and Haswell is 4th. Ivy Bridge was third. Sandy Bridge was 2nd.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: High CPU Usage making me unable to play games.?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment