Saturday, March 1, 2014

should i overclock this laptop?




Nick


i have an acer aspire 4743z-4861
it's prety new, i got it last month (september 2011), but it's a bargain brand laptop and i do alot of online gaming. i was wondering if it would be worth the risk to try and overclock the processor.
specs: Intel pentium cpu p620 2.13 ghz
4gb DDR3 Memory
intel hd graphics (shitty i know)
windows 7 os

i haven't had any problems with overheating yet, in fact the thing almost never gets warm, but i haven't ran any official tests on the core temp yet so i rely can't clarify that.
let me know what you think, if anyone has actually overclocked an acer aspire with similar specs i'de be happy to hear the results.



Answer
weak cpu. no point in overclocking since you won't notice much difference, even if you can figure out a way to overclock it.

Why is my laptop stuttering?




miranshort


So, I've had my laptop for less than a year now. Got it late August / early September 2011.

It's been great so far. ASUS G74SX-BBK7, i7 2.00ghz quad core, NVIDIA GTX560m, 8gb ram, etc.

I've taken very good care of it. No spills and it's dusted regularly.

At first I thought it was only stuttering while I was playing games. So I thought maybe I was having a heat problem. I downloaded HWMonitor and checked my temperatures after about 30-45 minutes of playing and my temperatures were fine. GPU was only like 58 degrees Celsius. 35 degrees Celsius when idle.


But today, I was watching a video on YouTube and I encountered a bit of stuttering. Where it seemed like the video itself slowed down a bit and the audio kind of made a buzzing noise. It lasted less than a second and everything went back to normal.

Any ideas?



Answer
It could be hardware related.... Are teh videos youre watching high quality?. Depending on how good your system is higher quality video could cause studdering, try to change the resoultion to 720 instead of 1080 or go loewr if you have to on the videos.

same aplies to your gaming.

although you could just have some spyware/virus thats causing your system to not use its full potential. i dont know enough without looking myself. i can remotely look/check it out later on tonight if you still need help ill be back online in 5 hours or so. click my name/drop me a mail. hope that helps!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: should i overclock this laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment