Monday, March 17, 2014

RAM vs. CPU gaming computer?




somerandom


I want to buy a gaming computer (cause i got interested in playing games recently)..
what I found was a
ASUS CM6870-US-3AB Desktop PC - 3rd generation Intel Core i7-3770 3.4GHz, 16GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, DVDRW, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

so i've read and heard that RAM is more important; however, do I really need 16 GB of RAM or should I go for a computer with better processors?

The computer is about $900 after tax and it has a 4.0+ rating.
here's the website I used: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2403676&csid=_61

thanks so much guys!!!



Answer
Anything more than 8GB is a COMPLETE waste for GAMING. http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120416211457AAh7THq includes my thoughts on that. Even 4GB is enough for some gamers. Ram usage RARELY get even close to 4GB while gaming UNLESS you have a TON of extra programs running which I did in my scenario and I didn't eclipse 5GB. This is all about gaming and I do NOT see a gfx card in your initial description(no gfx=no real gaming). Now on to your link. Now I see why. It utilizes the CPU integrated GPU to handle the GFX needs. Not something they want to advertise in their title. A DEDICATED GFX card like the 560Ti, 660TI(coming middle of August, 2012), 570,670,580,680, 6950 or 6970, 7850 etc. is NECESSARY when you want to GAME.

You will see something like 570m when laptops are being looked at. The m just stands for mobile. A laptop's 570m will be weaker than the EVGA 570 reference card. Don't try and compare a laptop GPU for the desktop equivalent. Laptop are also ALWAYS hotter than desktops when gaming. Look at all the fans and air-space you have in a desktop. Now look at a cross-section of a laptop and see how much air can travel through there efficiently. You can buy laptop coolers that you can set your laptop on that will "feed" it more air and theoretically keep it cooler.

Good Enough Laptop for decent gaming?




Ayush


My Laptop-> Sony Vaio E series
Procceser-> Intel-Core I5-3210M
Ram-> 4GB
Graphics Card->AMD Radeon HD 7650M, 2GB
The games I'll be playing are -:
F1 2012
Minecraft
rFactor
fifa 13
Thanks :).
What about BF3 and Skrim?



Answer
Yes! The ram is good. Minecraft only runs with 2 gb so 4 is enough. The graphics card is good too! Great graphics! You will get around 50 fps on full. If you flash linux on it, you will get around 150 fps! Good Luck!
Please Please Please answer mine?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130428120322AAfYFOU




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: RAM vs. CPU gaming computer?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment