Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Any help with building a gaming desktop?




Quinton


I recently reset my laptop, and I am intersted from other friends in building my own desktop.Any help, suggestions? My price range is anywhere from 300-800$. any help?


Answer
300 is very low-end for gaming. 800 is better.

Try Tom's Hardware for some build list, visit other similar sites.

Are these good specs for a gaming laptop?




John


Well basically I'm buying a new laptop this week and I just wanted to see what you guys think of these specs and whether or not they will be able to handle games like Battlefield 3, Crysis, or Skyrim.

Specs:
-Intel Quad Core i7 2860QM 2.5GHz( 3.6 GHz in Turbo Mode)
-8 GB of DDR3 Ram
-3 GB Nvidia Geforce GTX 555M
-750 GB HDD
-1920 x 1080 full HD display.
Btw. I would very much like to build my own pc, but I would have no where to put it. Hence the reason why I'm settling for a laptop. For now...



Answer
All signs point to no. The forums on tom's hardware say the GTX 555M is a very week graphics card and will not play games well over at 1080p. Can play games at 720p on medium settings. Laptops are extremely expensive to get up to gaming snuff. I also suggest a desktop. It is unknown weather your processor will help carry your graphics card enough. See if you can get the vendor to run 3dmark on the system and that will instantly tell you everything you need to know, for sure.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Any help with building a gaming desktop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment