Friday, June 13, 2014

Desktop Vs Laptop In Gaming?

Q. Why is a desktop better than a laptop in gaming and what should i look for in a gaming desktop.....(in the market for a good one on a decent budget.)


Answer
Because laptop graphics can't handle new games. Even with an expensive gaming laptop you're going to be stuck with medium quality in games. You also can't upgrade the card in most. Or upgrade anything for that matter, except maybe your ram or hard drive.

In a desktop I'd get a pretty good video card, somewhere in the 300-500 range. AMD processors are pretty affordable, even for the best ones they have. I would get something like that with 4 to 8 GB of ram and a 1TB sata HD by seagate or western digital. Maybe a 750 watt thermaltake power supply and you'd be pretty set. Just don't go too cheap on your motherboard.

You could add a pretty decent monitor, keyboard, mouse, case and a dvd burner to that setup and it would probably only run you 1200 to 1500 dollars versus a gaming laptop with the same specs would probably run you over 2k and still have worse graphics.

Gaming laptop vs Gaming desktop?




Sean Jones


Hi, I'm wanting to spend around a thousand dollars for a new computer. I'm a high school student, just to let you guys know.
The problem is, I cannot choose between a desktop and a laptop.
I know the pros and cons of both, but the problem is, I am a foreigner, and I go back to my country once or twice every year.
I stay in my country for about a 3 months, and I honestly can't find anything better than gaming to do.

I know that a desktop will provide me a better gaming computer, but I need my computer with me just for that time of the year of traveling.

So what do you guys think? Should I get a desktop with everything better but portability, or a laptop with more price but same specs as the pc?

Do you think I should just pause gaming for a few months, and get a great PC? Or should I just get the laptop for portability, (like I told you, I don't travel a lot, but I travel once or twice for long periods of time)?

Please, could you guys help me choose? I'm really stuck on which one to get, and I haven't gotten my Christmas gift yet.

Thanks :)
Oh yeah, I don't really care much for upgrading, as long as the laptop lasts 2 to 3 years, I'm fine. But it needs to run SC2 and Crysis on Highest settings.



Answer
Well, if you are willing to sacrifice the portability, I would definitely go with the desktop. Even if you get a REALLY advanced, expensive, "so-called" gaming laptop, the games will never EVER run as smoothly or as efficiently. Complex CD-ROM based games (like the Sims 3) run much slower and crash a lot, and Internet games (like WOW) are INCREDIBLY slow even with a perfect Internet connection.

If it's Internet games you're into, then take into account that you won't be able to play them for a few months. Things might change, updates might be put in place, etc. Would that be okay with you?

If you're more into CD-ROM based games, then suck it up and give them up for a few months. They'll be there when you get back. It will just make it so more satisfying when you play them when you get back.

All in all, if you're looking for better gaming experience, I would opt for the desktop. But if you can't live without your internet games for a month or two, and you can deal with the lowered gameplay ALL the time, go for the laptop.

Ultimately, it's your money and your decision.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Desktop Vs Laptop In Gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment