Friday, June 6, 2014

How to connect my laptop, monitor, and a graphics card for a game?




TimidNight


I have a laptop with an integrated gpu (Intel GMA x3100) and a hdtv monitor (Samsung SyncMaster p2370HD). It's a Dell Studio 1735 that I got for Christmas in '09. I originally bought the monitor because the screen is destroyed on my laptop, and I needed a fix. Also, I love to play the sims 3 (which is the only pc game I play), but the game crashes on me. I thought getting an external monitor would fix that problem too but it hasn't really. The picture is now crystal clear, but it still crashes sometimes maybe after an hour of playing. I have all the requirements for the game, but my graphics card is just meeting the requirements (yougamers says my processor is optimized but my video card is on the minimum line so it brings my overall performance to the minimum line).

From what I think I understand about computers, I have to have a graphics card that can handle the monitor and the graphics cards in laptops can't be switched out unless it's discrete. So I think my only options are to open my laptop (which I did only once to see how the screen was connected when it broke) and see if I have a pci or agp port to connect a discrete gpu or to connect a discrete gpu to the monitor. My computer connects to my monitor through the hdmi port. The monitor also has a dvi port.

My questions are
Is it possible to connect my laptop to the monitor via the hdmi while another graphics card (external) is connected to my monitor via the dvi?

and

If yes, what graphics card to you recommend (I'm a student who wants something good that could even play sims 4, if and when it comes out, but not considered expensive)?
If no, are there any guides for opening up my laptop model and what other options do I have besides buying another laptop?


Thank You ^-^
I meant pci-e... My books that came with my computer say it has a 32 bits pci-e x16 graphics bus, but it also says I have a Radeon HD 3650 which I'm almost certain I don't have because I have the Intel. So I think I'm going to have to open it to make sure I have the bus for a graphics card.



Answer
1st off no there is no way you can upgrade the intergraded graphics chip in your laptop. Besides maybe adding some system RAM there is no way to upgrade ANYTHING in your laptop.
It sounds like your laptop is overheating & crashing after gaming for an hour & thats normal for a laptop, they were never designed to game in the 1st place.
If you want to do some hardcore gaming for hours at a time get a desktop PC. They can be built to game for hours, cooled with extra fans & can be upgraded quite easily.

Is this graphics card good enough to game on my laptop?




Mohammed F


I've got this graphics card on my laptop, a mobile intel 4 series express chipset family and i want to know if it's good enough to game with on my laptop. I've got 3gb ram, 2.2 ghz and i've got vista basic 32 bit. If it isn't could you tell me how to upgrade the card, if there is any way. Thanks in advance.
Got any ideas how to upgrade the graphics card on it?
Got any ideas how to upgrade the grapgics card on it?



Answer
Game?

Like.. Starcraft? Sure. Original Quake and Quake 2? Sure.
How about running a Nintendo SNES emulator... that would work great. Railroad Tycoon? Sure. Well... there are all different versions... the game has existed since the Commodore64...

So yeah. It would work for games.

unless you mean new games.. or graphics intensive games... then that card would suck and it would not allow you to play games. Like the newest Railroad Tycoon. No way. Crysis? Nope. Farcry? Nope.

So what kind of games? There have been computer games as long as there has been a computer.

Unless you are one of those people who just has no clue, and you think games are games.

Some games, yes. Some games, no.

THIS IS WHY THE BOX FOR THE GAME HAS MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS WRITTEN ON IT!!!!!

Upgrade the card? AHHAHAHAH.. sorry. You should have paid more attention to what you were buying.

Let me spell it out for you. There are laptops that are gaming laptops.. then there is everything else. A laptop designed to play games will be able to do EVERYTHING ELSE a laptop or desktop could do. This is why gaming laptops cost so much. Because if you can't do it (whatever it is, edit video, use as a portable recording studio, play games, etc) with a gaming laptop, you can't do it. So. You have right there, for all intents and purposes, a NON GAMING LAPTOP. You want a laptop that plays "games", you will need to replace the entire laptop. That video card is built into it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How to connect my laptop, monitor, and a graphics card for a game?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment