Friday, June 28, 2013

How much could it cost to upgrade my video card on my laptop?

best gaming laptops september 2011 on If you have any other tips, please write them in the comments below ...
best gaming laptops september 2011 image



QUEEN


I bought a laptop in September of 2011. I love Skyrim and would like to play it, but apparently the only thing that needs upgrading in order to play is the video card. According to the Elder Scrolls site, these are the minimum requirements to play:

OS: Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
Memory: 2GB System RAM
Hard Disk Space: 6GB free HDD Space
Video Card: Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB of RAM
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

I have:

OS: Windows 7
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
Memory: 7.0 GB free
Hard Disk Space: 356.1 GB free
Video Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family (THIS DOESN'T MEET REQUIREMENTS)
Sound: IDT High Definition Audio CODEC

The only thing that does not meet requirements is the video card. I was wondering if I should upgrade my video card, and how much it would cost. I have a decent laptop with a good amount of memory.

Recommendations? Suggestions?

Thanks.
2GB is required, and I have 7GB @ whoever mentioned it.



Answer
Sorry to tell you, but you can not upgrade the video in a laptop, unless it was made for gaming. If you want a computer for gaming, that can be updated you need to invest in a desktop pc

should i overclock this laptop?




Nick


i have an acer aspire 4743z-4861
it's prety new, i got it last month (september 2011), but it's a bargain brand laptop and i do alot of online gaming. i was wondering if it would be worth the risk to try and overclock the processor.
specs: Intel pentium cpu p620 2.13 ghz
4gb DDR3 Memory
intel hd graphics (shitty i know)
windows 7 os

i haven't had any problems with overheating yet, in fact the thing almost never gets warm, but i haven't ran any official tests on the core temp yet so i rely can't clarify that.
let me know what you think, if anyone has actually overclocked an acer aspire with similar specs i'de be happy to hear the results.



Answer
weak cpu. no point in overclocking since you won't notice much difference, even if you can figure out a way to overclock it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How much could it cost to upgrade my video card on my laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment