Thursday, June 27, 2013

How good are the specs on this gaming laptop?

best gaming laptops compare on Shop Accessories
best gaming laptops compare image



Tman


I am buying a gaming laptop, and I was wondering how long these specs will last me, and if I will be able to run games like call of duty modern warfare 2 and crysis. The specs are

intel core i3 2.26 ghz processor
nvidia 260m 1gb graphics card
4 gigs of ram
windows 7

will this run games like crysis and call of duty modern warfare 2? if not what needs to be upgraded?



Answer
Its alright. Another question I'd ask about it is if the hard drive is 5400RPM or 7200RPM. Laptop drives normally come 5400, which is obviously slower than the 7200RPM. Where this effects performance is the loading of texture files from the hard drive (background graphics in games). Without seeing further specs on the laptop its hard to generate a good opinion of it. If the Nvidia mobile chipset it has is GTX and in add-on form its great. If its integrated and drawing from the 4 gbs of memory, not so much. All and all I advise people to try to stick with desktops for gaming. Easier to upgrade when games start demanding more, and they can be built small for hauling over to lan parties as well. Lot less heat issues with gaming desktops compared to laptops as well. Hope this was helpful!

Can you modify a gaming laptop the same way you can a desktop?




It's true


I know nothing about PC's, and I'm thinking about getting a gaming laptop as opposed to a desktop. Mainly because I can take it with me. That being said, can I modify it just as easily as I could a desktop? And are the parts more expensive?


Answer
It's no where near as easy to modify a laptop as compared to a desktop. But it is possible, albeit extremely limited. However, seeing as you know nothing about PCs I wouldn't recommend it anyway. RAM and Hard Drives are still very easy to upgrade in a laptop, somethings more-so than a desktop, but aside from that, it's a tricky business. If you're thinking about getting a laptop for gaming you'll need to get something that will stay current for a few years. I always recommend ASUS, simply because they make strong, reliable, and affordable machines. In fact, consider taking a look at ASUS's G75 series of gaming notebooks.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How good are the specs on this gaming laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment