Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Can someone explain what I should look for in a gaming laptop?

best gaming laptop video card on the gang of Asus, MSI and HP by announcing an all-new mini laptop ...
best gaming laptop video card image



Ben


I have a MacBook, and I love it except for the gaming situation. I want to buy a gaming laptop, and I know next to nothing about the different graphics cards, video cards, sound cards, etc.
Can someone please tell me what specs the laptop should have in order to play good games like Grand Theft Auto, Guitar Hero, and Call of Duty?

If possible, I don't want to spend too much over $1000 US.

Thanks in advance for any help.



Answer
Yeah check out Alienware if you are after a gaming laptop they offer options last check up to sli 8800's, your stock sound will generally be adequate graphics and graphics memory will be the main issues - if you're planning on playing gta iv with decent graphics most laptops won't handle that well imo - if alienware is a bit expensive i gues aim for something with at least 512mb of dedicated graphics memory. Graphics cards which primarilly use shared system memory generally perform poorly as remapping system memory to graphics is a relatively inefficient task. In regard to chipset generally for gaming I prefer Nvidia - something like a 9800m gs would likely give reasonable performance on these games but still nothign compared to a desktop with a decent graphics card (prob about 25-30% slower than an 8800 gts)

Should i buy a gaming laptop now or wait for a few months for a newer models ?




Moon Face


I finally saved up some money to spend on my gaming .

I am going to buy a 6 month year old gaming laptop , everything is awesome in this laptop but the video card is only GT 555m GDDR3 3GB , which is still in a old generation .

Should i wait for a new release of this mode with include GDDR5 VRAM or buy this ?



Answer
You should wait til 11-25-2011

Black Friday.... :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can someone explain what I should look for in a gaming laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment