Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Gaming on NVIDIA Graphics Card GeForce GT 230M ?

best gaming laptops june 2011 on Best Deal On Laptops Alienware Laptops Best Deals On Alienware Laptops ...
best gaming laptops june 2011 image



Shila


I hav just got my sisters laptop which was bought 2 years back. It is HP pavilion DV7t-3000 laptop with following features:
⢠Genuine Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
⢠Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-720QM Processor (1.6GHz, 6MB L2 Cache, 1333MHz FSB)
⢠4GB DDR3 Samsung 1333Mhz System Memory
⢠1GB Nvidia GeForce GT 230M

I want to know how good this laptop is for gaming purpose? Will it support the new games like NFS Run and others. Is the graphics card good enough for gaming purposes. If not is there any way of updating/replacing it with newer ones.



Answer
The laptop was bought as an end of the model sold mostly 2008 and 2009, and the GT 230M was a lower-mid class release in June 2009. It is at 273 in this GPU to gaming web site:
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Computer-Games-on-Laptop-Graphic-Cards.13849.0.html
It ranks between Intel Integrated graphics HD 3000 Mobility and HD 4000 Mobility
It cannot play the highest graphics new games and is not considered gaming level. NFS Run was released in late 2011 and it appears that GT 230M is just above the game manufacturer minimum so should play on the x768 screen at low settings.
Graphics cards of laptops cannot generally be upgraded. There are cases in newer laptops using standard laptop graphics cards and if a similar model laptop exists, you might be able to use that card.
I don't know what the configurable HP DV7t-3000 offered, but might be another in the GT 2x0M series if it can be found. It is generally not worth trying. I could not find any indication of a higher level card compatible on the internet. You could not upgrade with a newer card. If socketed, only a higher level of the same GPU family.

What can I do to upgrade my laptop? (read description)?




marosam236


My laptop is Acer. (ASPIRE 4937G) (I have it since late 2008)
Processor: Inter Core 2 Duo centrino 2 P8400, 2.26 GHz, 1066 MHZ SFB, 3MB L2 cache
Ram: 3GB DDR3
Graphics: 512MB of dedicated DDR 2 VRAM, up to 1791 MB of shared system memory, NVIDIA GeForce G105M TurboCache
Operating System: Windows Vista
Hard disc: 320 GB
DVD-Super Multi

if you want more specs go to http://www.latest-price.com/latest-laptops-notebooks/acer-aspire-4937g-laptop-price-specifications-and-reviews/

In june 2011 I will buy the Valve complete pack from Steam. My laptop can run all games in the pack up to games produced after Half life 2, i.e. Half life 2 Deathmatch "high latency", CSS "high latency", Day of Defeat: Source "high latency", Team fortress 2 "high latency and a little slow" and Left 4 dead 1 & 2 "high latency and VERY slow"

Now what I want you to tell me is if I can change the processor to i3 for example, what RAM upgarde will be suitable and if I can upgrade the graphics card. I don't care for the price (as long as its cheaper than buying a new laptop of course!), and sorry if it is a long description but I want a good answer too, focus on what I can do to make the games work by improving my laptops specs and how i can decrease my latency. Thanks for the help in advance!
@Josh Courtoreille thanks for ur answer but i don't think i will buy a new laptop before i go to university after 2 years so if u can give me a temporary solution which will be enough to run the games but not necessarily at best graphics and average online latency (less than 200 "my latency is already like 170 in most servers for most Valve games except l4d 1 & 2") will be good enough (this applies to other people that will answer too)



Answer
Sorry to say but your best bet is to purchase a new laptop altogether. A laptop designed for gaming would be much better. Not to mention you can't upgrade your laptop to a Core i3 because the socket types are different. You can't upgrade the graphics card in a laptop because it's part of the motherboard.

Laptops were designed to be a *bit* upgradeable, but only to a certain extent. Your laptop is 3 years old, and therefore it's already out of date. I'm not saying it's junk, I'm saying it's out of date.

So go out and buy a gaming laptop with an i5 Sandy Bridge processor. It will give you way more bang for your buck, even if you have to fork out a larger amount of buck, so to speak. There's not much you can do with your laptop you have now to be able to give you the performance you require to play games.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Gaming on NVIDIA Graphics Card GeForce GT 230M ?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment