Thursday, May 22, 2014

summer 2012 MacBook pro 13" or Alienware M14x R2?







I've used a windows computer my entire life, however some of my family members own macs so i'm familiar with that too. I am gonna be buying a laptop by the end of this month. Im going off to college very soon so i need a reliable computer. one that has a solid build quality and is easy to carry around on campus. I've basically looked at every possible brand and laptop, and came down with two choices, either the 2012 13" macbook pro or the Alienware M14x R2. I like OS X it seems awesome with all the apps available in the mac app store. I'm gonna be playing some games from time to time tho. Games such as crysis, skyrim, diablo 3. I'm not a hardcore gamer but i'd like to have that luxury. Speed means everything to me. Most of the time im gonna be surfing the web, doing college work Send emails etc...I'd appreciate it if you can help me make up my mind.. and please try not to be super biased and thank you in advance.

here are the specs of the two laptops:
Macbook pro 13"
13.3" display
dual core I7 ivy bridge processor
8gb of ddr3 ram 1600 mhz
750 gb hdd (5400 rpms)
no dedicated video card.
1500 $
Alienware M14x R2
14.1" display (1600x900) 900p hd
quad core I7 ivy bridge processor
12 gb of ddr3 ram 1600 mhz
750 gb hdd (7200rpms)
2GB ddr5 dedicated Nvidia geforce GT 650M with optimus
1450 $



Answer
im no computer expert, but due to the fact that theres no dedicated video card, which you need to play games. i would go with the alienware. But i've heard that alienwares are very unreliable and break down alot. so mabye have a look at some other laptops.

Hope i helped : )

Desktop PC that is good for gaming?

Q. I don't want an expensive one, nor do I want to build it. I just want a great one to play the latest games that run smoothly and look good. I am not fussy about frame rate or if everything isn't high res, but I do expect something more powerful than a Macbook Pro. Obviously it has to be a quad core processor, but I also would like it to run more advanced gaming emulators like PS2 and PSP. It would be good too if it also had one or two Blu-ray players, 3D capabilities, a decent HDD size. I don't whether to pick i3, i5 or i7 though, as I know they get more expensive respectfully.

I need to know what's enough.
I want a desktop, not a laptop. Didn't you read my question, or are you a spam bot?
....


Answer
Alienware because
It looks nice and it is like the Apple of gaming computers because it has a lot of competition but but unlike its competitors it is just too good of the competition and it also has a wonderful design that can even rival some fashion designers.
M11x - $899 (worst alienware lappy but still better than a lot of other lappies)
M14x - $1,199 (better 3D and gaming capabilities than the M11x)
M17x - $1,499 (almost perfect 3D and gaming compared to M11x and M14x)
M18x - $1,999/$2135(all capabilities have been maxed out) (these prices are laptops with no customer customization at all.

*Lighting such as the keyboards. The colours can be bought as a base such as yellow green red blue and purple for no extra cost.

*The numbers such as 11,14,17 and 188 refer to the screen size

The 18x is a beast if you see it. Colour customizable keypad. 3D wireless connection with any 3D capable device. Touch pad sensitivity controls. Laser inscriptions on a piece of metal plating. Pre installation of Steam or Eve online.
I myself am planning on getting a M18x myslef in red during summer in 2012.
The inbuilt grpahics card make s it all worth it if you look at my Toshiba NB(netbook)505 that i use for AOE 3.
Beware peronalization. I made a laptop that was beyond awesome and it costs $10,663.76 and i could not buy it Trust me the Alienware brings a new meaning to the term Gaming.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: summer 2012 MacBook pro 13" or Alienware M14x R2?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment