Saturday, May 24, 2014

Which laptop is best for gaming?




nancy


My laptop is getting old now, I've had it for five years now I think. I'm not sure if its the old age or the processor that affects gaming. So I need your help, ya'll laptop experts. I've been viewing a few laptops on amazon and I want to know which one out of these all would be the best for gaming. Oh and by the way I wont be installing like 10 games or anything, its mainly feral heart and arokai when its released and maybe one or two others. Oh and when answering please don't just randomly say which one out of the ones I list is best, I want a reason too, otherwise its a bit harder to trust someone when they just say something random right? Also you can suggest other laptops, but not if the cost is above £500. Ps: it isn't purely for gaming, its for homework and other stuff online too, I just want a laptop that responds well to 3d games.
So here are the ones I found:

Acer Aspire V3 17.3" Windows 8 Laptop
Processor Speed: 2.20 GHz
Brand: Acer
Hard Drive Capacity: 500 GB
Product Line: Aspire V3
Operating System: Windows 8
Screen Size: 17.3"
Operating System Edition: Home Premium
Memory: 6 GB
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics
Release Year: 2012
Processor Type: Intel Pentium
£429.30

HP Compaq CQ58-250SA Cheapest Windows 8 Laptop
Hard Drive Capacity:750 GB
Brand:Compaq
Operating System: Windows 8
Product Line: Presario
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics
Primary Drive: DVD Super Multi (Double Layer) Drive
Screen Size: 15.6"
Webcam: Integrated HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated
Memory: 8 GB
Wireless Lan: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
Processor Type: Intel Celeron
Network Card: Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Processor Speed: 1.80 GHz
£339.00

HP G6-2250sa 15.6" Windows 8
Brand: HP
Processor Type: Intel Pentium Dual Core B960
Product Line: Pavilion
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
MPN: C0Y35EA#ABU
Hard Drive Capacity:750 GB
Screen Size: 15.6"
Operating System: Windows 8
Memory: 6 GB
£329.99

ASUS X401A
Intel Celeron dual core B815.
1.6GHz processor speed.
4GB DDR3 RAM memory.
320GB SATA hard drive.
£224.99 (REFURBISHED)

I'm kinda leaning to the Asus because it looks pretty. We have 6 laptops in the house (including my old one and an even older one thats totally broken) and all I know are dark colours like black, navy and crimson thats why I quite like the white Asus, it would be way unique in the house LOL. But ignore me, your the experts and its about the best laptop on the inside, not how it looks xD.



Answer
Those are all bad choices.

For computer gaming, 75% of your performance is determined by your graphics card. So the graphics card is the single most important component for any gaming computer, laptop or desktop. It's the graphics card model that determines whether you get 6fps in games or 60 fps.

With desktop computers you can upgrade the graphics card- just pop a better one into the PCI-E x16 slot and you can easily triple or quadruple your performance over the factory integrated graphics. Sometimes installing a better card requires upgrading the computer's power supply too, since higher-end cards require more power.

But upgrading the graphics later isn't an option with laptops. The built-in graphics are permanent, so it's critical to choose a laptop with the best graphics card you can find that fits your budget.

Here's a list all laptop graphics adapters ranked by performance. For casual gaming you'd want a graphics card that's at least class 3 (the brown/amber group).

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

On a tight budget you'll want to check out laptops which have AMD's A-series processors (like the A4, A6 and A8). The A-series processors have MUCH better built-in graphics (APU) than Intel's processors, although the CPUs are otherwise slower. So the A-series processors are better all-around choices because everyday tasks like web browsing, e-mail, word processing etc don't require much CPU power- any dual-core or higher processor can handle that smoothly. But gaming REQUIRES a decent graphics adapter. If you wouldn't be gaming at all, then the HP G6 with the dual-core B960 would be the best choice.

I recommend one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-V3-551-15-6-inch-Laptop/dp/B009RNFC0Y/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1358367472&sr=8-16
http://www.amazon.co.uk/15-b115sa-15-6-inch-Sleekbook-Dual-Core-Processor/dp/B00AAW44ZU/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1358367694&sr=8-9
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-355V5C-15-6-inch-Laptop-Pink/dp/B009SJCX54/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1358367536&sr=8-5
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Aspire-V3-551G-15-6-inch-Laptop/dp/B009RNFC90/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1358367596&sr=8-12
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-15-6-inch-Quad-Core-Processor-DDR3_SDRAM/dp/B009ZQLKE0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358367321&sr=8-1

APU gaming performance:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-a8-3850-llano,2975-13.html
http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1655/13/
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/a10-5800k-a8-5600k-a6-5400k,3224-16.html

Need help studying gaming laptops.?




Will


I need to consolidate space at home and I have a lot of dead time at work so I am in the market for a gaming laptop. I mostly play World of Warcraft but if a game comes out that looks good, I'd like a machine that would be able to handle it at near max settings.

My budget for a laptop will be $1500-$2000. I've read a lot of best gaming laptops of 2012 articles and the Alienware M17 & M18 seems to be the top vote getters. I'm not looking to get one until early 2013 (so hopefully some of those better Alienware laptops will drop in price by then) but I want this to be something that will last me awhile.

What specs should I be looking for? What brands should I stay away from? Like desktops, is it more cost effective to order and build my own or should I go with a factory made? I need help with those kind of questions and anything else you think will be relevant in my search. Also, if you could please tell me why I need to pay attention to certain things, that also will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for reading and the help!



Answer
http://www.razerzone.com/store/choose/razer-blade?src=pgm.80025700&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=razerbladelaptop&utm_campaign=adwordsusbrandsystemsblade is an amazing laptop.The one on the left is just as good as the one on the right, and are the same thing, just one right side is newer. You will be able to play WoW on it with amazing graphics, and other gmes as well. I recommend getting Battlefield 3, which is a great game.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Which laptop is best for gaming?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment