Tuesday, September 17, 2013

What are the main things I need to look for when buying a laptop?

best gaming laptops cnet on Laptop | 2013 Laptop - New Laptop - Ultrabook - Notebook - Best Laptop
best gaming laptops cnet image



HorseChick


I'm looking for a good laptop that will be used for average teen things. It will need a lot of memory because I take tons of pictures, download music, Myspace/Facebook/Bebo etc.. I don't really care what color it is, but I would prefer an Apple or Dell laptop. I've seen words like HPz on the product discription.. And I don't know much about computers technically. Can anyone offer advice?


Answer
The two questions that will determine the starting point for your search are: 1. What is your budget? and 2. What will you be using the machine for? Be as specific as you can on this: If you are an avid gamer, you will need lots of processing power and a good video card (expensive). If, on the other hand, you do relatively simple things like the activities you described in your question, you don't need a super expensive machine with the latest and greatest processor and video card. If you travel a lot or use the laptop mostly on battery, pay attention to weight and battery. If you have specific needs for inputs or outputs make sure you those are available (for example, if you want to hook your laptop up to an AV system, you might want an HDMI output.If you want to transfer video from a video camera, you might need a Firewire (1394) input. Having said all this, here are some specs I would look for: Memory: 2GB or more, Storage: 160GB or more, Wireless "N" connectivity, DVD writer (you might want to back up your pictures and/or music) Webcam (even if you presently don't communicate using a webcam, you may want to do so later), Processor: Dual core (Intel Core 2 Duo). Also, if you select a Windows machine, be aware that Windows 7 comes out October 22. Some (but not all) vendors will give you a free upgrade to Windows 7.
I also suggest you check various review sites such as CNnet.com. (see Link below) I have recently been looking at an HP HDX16T (see second link below). This machine has pretty much everything I would look for - but it may be overkill for you and, after all, the new laptop has to fit YOUR requirements.
You might also want to check the CNet Laptop buying guide. (see third link below)

Can someone give me a review on a Toshiba Qosmio X305 gaming laptop?




Lesley Dec


I might get that if my Acer doesn't get fixed. How much would it cost at Best Buy & how good is the battery life, quality of games [I only want Sims 3 & World of Warcraft on mine], & internet speed? Thank you!


Answer
look at www.reviews.cnet.com and key in search words
toshiba qosmio x305

Also look at www.laptopmag.com and use same keywords

good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What are the main things I need to look for when buying a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment