Friday, September 20, 2013

What is better a computer or a laptop?




Connor


Ok so i need a new computer of some sort.

My current one is ancient and as good as dead the speakers don't work my mouse is almost dead and my keyboard is ancient too. I thought getting a laptop would solve a lot of these issues including space issues that i also have in my tiny room.

But then my friend said that laptops cant play computer games (like Minecraft) very good so im starting to wonder what i should get a more up to date tower computer or a laptop (i game a lot)



Answer
You can easily play games like Minecraft on laptops. My friends and I do, all the time. You just need to find a computer will a good processor, graphics card and you'll want one will a lot of memory.
Laptops are great because you can't take them anywhere, but they are definitely not better than a desktop. Computers are a lot more powerful, and are a lot easier to customize. I don't know how old you are, but if your going to college soon or are in college, a laptop will be the best choice, until you get older and settle in one spot.

If you don't mind spending a lot of money.... get a gameing laptop.
http://thooghun.hubpages.com/hub/Gaming-Laptop-Computers
http://www.pcworld.com/article/142959/the_best_laptops_under_1000.html
http://www.bestgaminglaptop.net/articles-guides/best-3d-gaming-laptops/
http://www.bestgaminglaptop.net/articles-guides/top-10-gaming-laptops/


Things to look for in a laptop good for gaming:
-A CPU 3.0 GHz+ (both Intel and AMD are great)
-Dual Core or Quad Core CPU
-Fast Front Side Bus (part of Motherboard)
-DDR3 RAM
-SATA Hard Drive
-250+ Gb Hard Drive
-Drive Speed of 7200 rpm (there is a faster speed, but it heats up faster, so it isn't great)
-IDE Optical Drive


Hope I Helped

Is This A Good Budget "Gaming" Laptop?




Tech Wiz


The reason I have the " around gaming is because it's a gaming laptop I just want to know if it could run crysis 2 or MW3 on medium settings. My setup is:

Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual Core (2nd Generation) 2430M 3GHZ (3MB L3 Cache)

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Ram: 4GB

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64BIT)

Here are links of people playing crysis on all high settings and I didn't know if they are actually played with this graphics card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g00Y5K-SE-4 ( Hes just got a slightly different processor but the same graphics card )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAPErc8o8os&feature=related

Also I wasn't home and my mom went looking for laptops and the manager at staples said this card is not built into the motherboard which if it was it would be integrated. I told my mom that if wasn't built into the motherboard it was dedicated, but then I thought it could also be in the processor. So another question is, is the graphics card dedicated or built into the processor.



Answer
Intel HD Graphics 3000 is integrated graphics. Quote: With Sandy Bridge, Intel has incorporated the graphics processing unit onto the same silicon as the CPU cores. The GPU communicates with the CPU cores along the high-speed ring bus and shares the L3 cache with the CPU cores.
You'd be better off with a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. Here's an article to read:
http://www.bestgaminglaptop.net/articles-guides/laptop-graphics-card-top-10/
It states that if you don't have a graphics card as least as good as the cheapest on this list, forget about Crysis 2.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is better a computer or a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment