Monday, September 16, 2013

What gaming laptops would you recommend in the region of £1000?

best gaming laptops australia on top-ten-best-headphones_243244.jpg
best gaming laptops australia image



samjam42


I'm prepared to be flexible on this budget, I just want a powerful laptop that will last me for several years. I've heard that alienware are generally best, but not such good value for money. Besides they are out of my price range. I've been looking at the Dell XPS M1730 can anyone recommend this? Any suggestions would be welcome thanks.


Answer
From what I have seen about the best deal to be got on a gaming laptop is the Gateway P-series. They're currently equipped with a mobile Quad and a 9800m GTS 1gb gddr3. The previous generation had a intel c2d and an 8800m gts. I'm not sure what the availability of gateway is in the UK, but you can always buy one of US ebay and get it shipped there.
Gateway P Series:
http://www.gateway.com/systems/series/529598056.php?cmpid=ms_pseries

A single 8800m gts or 9800m gts is going to be much faster than a single 8700m, a little better than the 8700m SLI, and way behind the 9800m GT SLI. That option however (9800m GT SLI, 2x 9800m gt basically) costs 430 of your silly European monies and will know it way out of your price range.

Here is a rundown of mobile graphics performance by 3dmark06 (a little dated, but still quite useful)
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

As you can see the move from the 8800m gts to the 9800m gts results in only small improvement. The 9800m gts sli is the best indication you'll get of the 9800gt sli on the m1730, but it looked like you can expect 1.5x gains on the sinle 9800m gts at the very best. Besides, SLI is a STUPID thing to put in a laptop. Twice the heat, twice the power of a single card. Much better to get a good single card. 8700m GT sli, if you opt for that, won't generate as much heat because they are "mid range" cards, but it still seems a rather silly route.

I'd go for one of the older gateways with the 8800m gts for cheaper if you can get a deal on one. The quad version with the 9800m gts will still outdate at approximately the same time but cost more. I believe it's called an m68somethingsomething fx.

One other brand to look into is Acer. THey've been making some nicely equiped gaming laptops for a while now. I'm not very familiar with their lineup or availability in the UK (or US for that matter,) but I know they're around in Australia (commonwealth commonality?) MSI also has well equipped gaming laptops, though it sounds like their quality is VERY iffy. Use the chart I sent you to get a rough idea of GPU performance.

Also, don't sweat the CPU, just make sure it's a dual core above 2ghz.

How can you improve your internet speed?

Q. Hey guys! I am a serious gamer and my KDR is usually average in a match 5 kills to 1 death. But, this is at the internet cafe and i started playing games on my new PC gaming laptop. But...my parents have the worst internet modem and at home, i have a ping of aprox. 400...which sucks.
Can anyone tell me how to improve internet speed and suggest some really fast modems. I live in Australia


Answer
You're doing it wrong. Unless it's a SERIOUSLY old and crappy modem, you need to pay for a faster connection. That's about it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What gaming laptops would you recommend in the region of £1000?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment