Sunday, November 24, 2013

What is the best laptop brand that doesn't break so fast? What brand do you have?

best gaming laptops may 2012 on LAPTOP: best laptop reviews
best gaming laptops may 2012 image



~Paradox~


I currently have an Acer laptop, because it's affordable and works just as well as any other laptop. However, it breaks SO easily. Like in the course of about a year my laptop is already falling apart. :(

The hinges on my current laptop have cracks going down them. I don't even get how that came to be. I'm not opening my computer screen Hulk style. It's just the way these computers break that's frustrating, because I can't fix these kind of problem.

This isn't the first time either!! I've had an MSI laptop in the past and an Acer and they break so easily that it's almost not worth buying these brands anymore. I'm also not a fan of the mac computers by apple...

Anyhow, I'm currently a college student. So having a laptop is crucial! What's a good laptop brand that last more than just a year or two?

Thanks for answering! (:



Answer
My first laptop was a Acer. What you are experiencing is also the reason I stopped using mine and had to buy another laptop. I ended up duct taping the cracks until I could afford another laptop.

My mom has a Acer laptop that does not have a latch that holds the screen to the rest of the computer and she has never had this problem. So if you could find a Acer without a lock on the screen, you may not face this problem with an Acer in the future.

I have a Toshiba Satellite L755. It does not have a lock the computer screen. The computer I have was around $550 when I purched it in April of 2012. The only problems I have had with this computer is that it will not play old games. I have not had any problems with the new games.

How do I change my Windows 8 laptop back to Windows 7?




jr5622


I have an HP 2000t Laptop that I purchased in September 2012. When I bought it, the operating system was Windows 7. I upgraded it to Windows 8 (big mistake) in November. I hate Windows 8 and want to go back to Windows 7. I've talked with Microsoft support about this, but they're no help. Any ideas? Thanks!
- I DO have the Windows 7 recovery discs from HP
- I don't just miss the old start menu. It's everything else, too
- Do I just restore it and then put in the W7 discs? (And how to do that?)

Thank you!



Answer
You probably miss the good old Start menu. Although Microsoft replaced the classic Start Menu with a new tile-based Start Screen on Windows 8, there are several ways to bypass that and get your Start Menu back on Windows 8 desktop. You may try any one of these applications:

Here are some of them:

1. Start8 -- http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/
For only $5, you get a full-fledged Start menu replacement that fits in with Windows 8's more "flat" theme, though you can also choose a theme with more rounded corners like the old Windows 7 start menu. You can also set the Start button to launch a small version of the Start screen, so you can get the benefits of the Start menu with the features of the new Start screen.

2. Classic Shell (Free) -- http://classicshell.sourceforge.net/
Classic Shell starts off looking like an old school pre-XP Windows Start menu, but you can switch to a more XP- or 7-style Start menu with the press of a button.

3. StartMenu8 (Free) -- http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php
Install it, and you'll have your old Start menu backâthat's it. It feels a little different than the others (it's more of a popup than a menu), and it has a somewhat annoying "Send Feedback" button, but it does the job without any complicated configuration menus. The only options it hasâwhen you right-click on the Start buttonâare to run it at startup and to skip the tiled Start screen. This is the best option if you just want to install something for free and get on with your day.

4. Pokki (Free) -- https://www.pokki.com/windows-8-start-menu
Search for apps, control panels, and files. Add your favorite apps, sites, files and folders for quick access. Boot to the desktop and skip the Windows 8 Start Screen. Disable Windows 8 hot corners on the desktop and more. Get free apps and games from the included Pokki App Store.

5. ViStart (Free) -- http://lee-soft.com/vistart/
Enhance your windows start menu with Vistart 8. With cool custom start menu skins like the windows 8 start menu metro skin, start menu buttons and lot's of extra features. The ultimate start menu for Windows 8 and compatible with Windows 7, Vista and XP you can download for free. So get your start menu back in windows 8 or replace your start menu in windows 7, Vist or XP.

Some users have said that the best among them are Start8 and Pokki.

If you are still not happy with any of the alternatives above then you can go back to Windows 7 by using a Windows 7 installer disc or flash drive to format the hard drive and do a clean install of the OS including the drivers and applications. Which Windows 7 edition and version did you have on that laptop?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What is the best laptop brand that doesn't break so fast? What brand do you have?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment