Thursday, January 9, 2014

Is there anyway to output a video game console to a laptop?

best gaming laptops cnet on Gateway brings FX gaming to laptops | CES 2008 - CNET Blogs
best gaming laptops cnet image



MechAlucar


I was wondering if it was possible to hook up a video game console to my laptop so that I can just use the screen of my laptop instead of a nine inch portable dvd player to play the game. I don't really have room for a TV other wise I would use that.
I generally use Linux but also run Windows occasionally.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks,



Answer
yes you can, there is probably multiple ways but you need to know you can never expect it as good quality as a real tv meant for that. Also depending on the quality of your laptops screen, it may have delay or lag with the console sending the info and your screen receiving it.

Here is one item that can do this for you, as far as I heard its one of the best for this but its not cheap

http://www.adaptec.com/en-US/support/_eol/video_prod/AVC-1400/

http://reviews.cnet.com/search-results/adaptec-gamebridgetv-avc-1410/4505-5_7-31653718.html



about 99 dollars, you were probably wanting to just plug vga or hdmi into your laptop and it works with some kind of download, but no you cant do it with just software, the laptop monitor meant to be used like that. you can buy a 1080p pc monitor and use that as your consoles screen for only 200 dollars+ the audio adapter for your speakrs, which would be much better than paying 99 dollars to play it on your laptop.

What are the main things I need to look for when buying a laptop?




HorseChick


I'm looking for a good laptop that will be used for average teen things. It will need a lot of memory because I take tons of pictures, download music, Myspace/Facebook/Bebo etc.. I don't really care what color it is, but I would prefer an Apple or Dell laptop. I've seen words like HPz on the product discription.. And I don't know much about computers technically. Can anyone offer advice?


Answer
The two questions that will determine the starting point for your search are: 1. What is your budget? and 2. What will you be using the machine for? Be as specific as you can on this: If you are an avid gamer, you will need lots of processing power and a good video card (expensive). If, on the other hand, you do relatively simple things like the activities you described in your question, you don't need a super expensive machine with the latest and greatest processor and video card. If you travel a lot or use the laptop mostly on battery, pay attention to weight and battery. If you have specific needs for inputs or outputs make sure you those are available (for example, if you want to hook your laptop up to an AV system, you might want an HDMI output.If you want to transfer video from a video camera, you might need a Firewire (1394) input. Having said all this, here are some specs I would look for: Memory: 2GB or more, Storage: 160GB or more, Wireless "N" connectivity, DVD writer (you might want to back up your pictures and/or music) Webcam (even if you presently don't communicate using a webcam, you may want to do so later), Processor: Dual core (Intel Core 2 Duo). Also, if you select a Windows machine, be aware that Windows 7 comes out October 22. Some (but not all) vendors will give you a free upgrade to Windows 7.
I also suggest you check various review sites such as CNnet.com. (see Link below) I have recently been looking at an HP HDX16T (see second link below). This machine has pretty much everything I would look for - but it may be overkill for you and, after all, the new laptop has to fit YOUR requirements.
You might also want to check the CNet Laptop buying guide. (see third link below)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there anyway to output a video game console to a laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment