Friday, July 19, 2013

how can I make my own Hackintosh netbook?

best gaming laptop hackintosh on Lenovo G550 Win7 Osx
best gaming laptop hackintosh image



Outspoken


I've seen people selling used PC (Intel) netbooks that are "hacked" to run the Mac OS X. Ca I simply buy an Asus, etc netbook and just install the Mac OS?


Answer
It's a bit more complicated than that. But more or less, yes.

I've done a couple hackintoshes before. It generally takes lots of patience and a good bit of technical expertise (or at least troubleshooting ability). But if you're game, and you're willing to spend 10-20 hours tweaking settings, reinstalling, failing, and trying again, then check out:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/

It's an excellent resource with lots of how-to guides. If you're willing to buy a netbook for this express purpose, then look there first and see if there are any netbooks that are particularly osx friendly. Laptops are generally easier than desktops because they have a defined set of hardware so, chances are, someone has already figured out the appropriate settings and posted them. So you may have a lot more luck than I did.

However, even so, there's often little quirks. For instance, on my Dell Inspiron 600m, I had no wired internet and no hardware graphics acceleration (so things were a bit clunky). Though everything else worked pretty well (including WiFi). So I was able to use it for iPhone development for a while. But I gave up and bought a MacBook Pro later on because it was a huge pain to stay updated. So maybe things are a bit easier now.

Good luck!

I'm a everyday computer user, and I want a MacBook pro, is it a good laptop?




Jenna


I'm not a gamer, but I don't mind playing simple games once in awhile and I surf the Internet watch videos on YouTube, and I like making music for fun so guitar band would be cool. Is a Mac a good choice?


Answer
As long as you're not a gamer and don't mind spending 3 times the money on a MacBook, it's a great choice.

I personally wouldn't buy one, because they are extremely overpriced for their hardware. I'm a gamer too, that's not why I wouldn't buy one, I just couldn't stomach paying a huge overpriced fee for something I know could be bought retail for thousands of dollars less.

The Operating System is absolutely beautiful though. I don't care what anyone tells you, as someone who works and lives completely in the worlds of computers with a list of certs a mile long and a Bach. in Computer Science.... the Mac OS is just amazing. Their utilization of that overpriced hardware is a work of art and their simplistic user interface designed for people who really don't know much about computers, while still built on a Unix core allowing power users access to the types of things we need and want, is just astounding.

When/if they finally make a Mac OS that will run on non-proprietary hardware, they may not kill Windows but, they will definitely take more than a considerable chunk out of their market percentage. (Hackintosh doesn't count)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: how can I make my own Hackintosh netbook?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment