Monday, July 15, 2013

MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air 2012 for college?

best gaming laptops june 2012 on 2013 corvette lt1 on careleasedate com 2013 corvette lt1 engine on
best gaming laptops june 2012 image



John D


I'll be in college (going to UGA--studying science and literature, so no programming etc.) next semester and was wondering which of these is better for students. I really want to get a 13" laptop, and I don't mind the extra weight of the MacBook Pro; however, I've heard that the new MacBook Air (released mid-June 2012) comes with many cool features and leaves out the obsolete features present on the MacBook Pro (i.e. optical disk drive, etc.) I honestly don't even know if I'll ever use the optical disk drive on the MacBook Pro.

Anyway, I want to get a 13" with 8 GB RAM. Also, should I get a Core i5 or i7 processor? Again, I won't really be doing any gaming/excessive programming on this.

Thanks, and any information helps!



Answer
I'm going to UGA next year too and I just bought a 13" MacBook Pro from the bookstore when I went for orientation. It was only $999 and I got a $100 apple gift card. (Cheapest price I have seen on this certain computer) I got the Pro because I wanted the disc drive to watch movies and it's just easier to download software that comes with a disc. That's just my opinion though. I don't know much about the new MacBook Air but I love my Pro so far!:)

(Mine was 4GB RAM and an i5)

which is better mac air or msi x460dx?




Bespren


im looking for all around laptop (gaming, portable and has a 6+ hrs battery life).
Mac Air is too damn high but i want the imovies and i will make a hack windows 7
Msi x460dx brush aluminum cover it will dirty the laptop with oil, and a hacktoish but the imovies there crashes sometimes.....
HELP ME TO MAKE A DECISION D:



Answer
I purchased both the newly updated 13" MacBook Air and the updated 13" MacBook Pro the day they were announced and released for sale in June 2012. After using the two machines side-by-side for a couple weeks now, I can say that the MacBook Air offers superior performance in virtually every respect to such a degree that I've pretty much stopped using my brand new MacBook Pro.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: MacBook Pro vs MacBook Air 2012 for college?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment