Monday, September 23, 2013

Does turning on the backlit keyboard affect my laptop's performance?

best gaming laptop backlit keyboard on HP ENVY 17-1011NR Laptop | Best Gaming Laptop 2013
best gaming laptop backlit keyboard image






Also does having a higher resolution screen affect performance compared to a previous generation laptop with lower reaolution? If so, is it for better or for worse? And by how much?

I'm asking bevause the lenovo Y570 doesn't have backlit keyboards and has a lower resolution screen, while the upcoming Y580 has backlit keyboard and 1080 full hd capability. I know with backlit keyboards you can change the settings to turn it off, but I just want to know if having it on affects performance.

Thank you!



Answer
DOES THE BACKLIT KEYBOARD AFFECT PERFORMANCE?
No. It doesn't really affect performance, but it does drain battery life more. You can always turn it off though. At most it will slow down when running critically low on battery, but otherwise definatey NOT.

DOES A 1080P SCREEN MAKE IT SLOWER?
In a way, yes. It has to render more, and especially in gaming, if you put it in 1080P, it will lag A LOT MORE than less. For example 1920x1080 is MUCH more pixels to render than 1600x900 or 1333x800. However, you can always change the game settings or the resolution in Control Panel or the in game settings, but it will look disorted.

You may find MAYBE 5% slowdown in most tasks, but around 100% slower in gaming. Remember, you can always change the resolution in games, but doesn't look that good.

1080P is generally worth it in larger displays or when you want to fit more on your screen (Photoshop, Programming etc..).

Hope this helps :)

Which gaming laptops under $1000 have backlit keyboards?

Q. I was looking for a good gaming laptop under 1k but most seem to not feature backlit keyboards. This is one feature I really really need. Does anyone know of any such gaming laptops? Only the even more expensive ones seem to have it. Thanks.
I've tried building it on Cyberpower pc, I can't get that feature under 1k. Same for Ibuypower but it is even less value than Cyberpower pc. Maybe some other gaming laptop brands??


Answer
I would go to custom builders, there are some good ones out there.

I used cyberpowerpc, but there are a lot of better ones. Make sure to read lots of reviews!

A lot of people say that they are not worth it, but it really depends on the case. I game a lot, but I also travel very frequently so having a lappy made sense. It was a great investment for ME as I could not take my beautiful (PINK! :D) gaming rig with me.

<3 good luck.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Does turning on the backlit keyboard affect my laptop's performance?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment