Monday, September 2, 2013

How beneficial would it be to get an external video card for my laptop?

best gaming laptop video card 2012 on the-best-graphics-card-for-gaming-2013-s-top-cards-tested_doorway ...
best gaming laptop video card 2012 image



Blackdrago


I have a Dell Inspiron 1564. I want to play games like Star Wars Battlefront 2, Minecraft, nothing extreme, but I want to know if buying an external video card would be worth the $60-$80. Is it worth it? What one should I get?


Answer
external video cards are not very efficient you just have to compare the speed of the interfaces

(probable external graphic card interface)USB : 35 MB/s
(2012 standard graphic card interface) PCI-E 16x: 8000 MB/s

even if the card is really powerful, the transfer rate won't be able to get to it's full capacities because it won't be able to load fast enough

so if you had an external video card, it would be less powerful than the one that you already have built in. and you would not e able to use the screen of your laptop

looking for a laptop with good performance and a decent video card under 1000$?




John R


Basically I'm in the market for a laptop but not too knowledgeable about them.

I want to get the most I can for my money. I'm not a huge gamer, but a decent video card so I can run games like team fortress 2, maybe better quality games.

basically I just want the best i can get for under 1,000$.

any help at all from people who know is greatly appreciated, thanks.



Answer
For around $1000, I would suggest Lenovo Ideapad Y570 - http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-Ideapad-08626KU-15-6-Inch-Laptop/dp/B006M9ZVXE/ref=sr_1_28?m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=basebal-20&s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1328919909&sr=1-28
It's got 2nd generation i7 processor, 8GB RAM, 750GB hard drive and NVIDIA Geforce GT555M Discrete Graphics card
Here's review with video - http://www.laptopreviews.com/lenovo-ideapad-y570-first-look-and-video-2012-02

It will play Team Fortress on highest settings. Plus, Skyrim, Crysis 2, BF3, Farcry 2 and all the latest games. Search for GT555M graphics card on YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=GT555M




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: How beneficial would it be to get an external video card for my laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment