Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What Gaming laptop would you recommend?

best gaming laptops 2012 on ... Republic of Gamers 17.3-Inch Gaming Laptop | Best Gaming Laptop 2013
best gaming laptops 2012 image



Deven


Well, I recently got a job, and Im beginning to save up for a gaming laptop. I was thinking an Alienware mx18, but those things are expensive as hell. I was wondering what laptop would you guys recommend, that is capable of playing a game like Guild Wars 2 on high settings, without burning a hole in your pocket.


Answer
IdeaPad Y400 Laptop - 59360114
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=6716C35E262487E9B548B6298FE58D3B

GT 650M
Guild Wars 2 (2012) low: 44.4 fps Compare high: 29.8 fps Compare ultra: 12.5 fps Compare
http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-650M.71887.0.html

Can someone help me find a good gaming laptop between $1000 and $2000?




Eli Lawd


I am looking for something rather specific, so I will just list as much information as I can.

The first thing is that I don't want it to be blatantly designed as a computer meant specifically for gaming and no other purpose. There are several reasons for this, most of them stemming from it being a college computer. First, I don't think my parents would be very happy with me getting a "Samsung Series 7 Gamer," or something similarly named. Second, it has to be able to reasonably accommodate practical things such as word processing, video editing, multimedia, and programming applications as I intend to major in computer science and be doing a lot of things along those lines. Therefore I also donât want it to be very flashy like some gaming computers are, and have a lot of features strictly for gaming such as red-glowing WASD keys.

Obviously, a "gaming laptop" is a bit silly because everyone knows that if you want to game you need a desktop. That said, I don't plan on spending too much time gaming, because, like I said, I'm going to be in college. Also, I can't exactly take a desktop to my classes, or anywhere else I want to study. So yes, it has to be a gaming laptop.

I don't want to do any computer building or modifying- I don't plan on making my own from scratch, and I donât plan on modifying it after I buy it. So I need to have exactly what I want straight out of the box. I donât really know how to, and I donât have the time to teach myself how.

Now let's talk about more performance based things. I am not really too worried about battery life, because I just don't see why someone wouldn't buy a perfectly good computer just because it can't run without a plug for 6 hours on end.honestly, 2-3 hours is just fine for me.

In terms of how powerful it is, I would be perfectly happy to be able to run any AAA game released in 2012 on medium graphics with 40 FPS. However, I want something that is going to be able to last me for a good 4 years at the minimum.

More specifically, I want something along these lines:
Processor: Something at least on par with Intel i5, hopefully something nicer but again I donât want to pay $3500... quad core would be nice, but duo is fine, I donât know too much about the Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge stuff so I canât comment. It doesnât have to be Intel, something equivalent will do, but I prefer Intel for my processors.

Memory: I would like a laptop with 16 GB RAM, but as long as it has at least GB itâs fine.

Hard Drive: Honestly I donât care too much about this. Do I need 2 TB of hard drive space? No, but it would be nice. My last desktop was I believe a Dell XPS 630 with 1 TB of space in 2007, and it lasted me 5 years and I donât think I used half of it. So 1-2 TB is fine, I donât need to go overboard though if it ups the price.

Video Memory: Not too picky here but at least 1000 MB RAM would be good

Graphics/Video Card: I donât think I can settle for anything less than a high end nVidia GeForce because letâs be honest itâs the gold standard for gaming at the moment.

Optical Drive: These seem to be a lot less common on new laptops nowadays, so if it has one, great, but if not, it wonât be a dealbreaker.

Fans: I know some people are picky about loud fans, but personally I could care less. Just as long as it doesnât burst into flames Iâm fine.

OS: I canât decide between W7 and W8. I have heard that W8 is not so good for gaming, but I have also heard that people who say that are just uninformed. And I know that W8 has many ups and downs but for the most part the good outweighs the bad. So I would like to hear some more opinions.

For price range, anything between $1000-$2000 is fine. I think something closest to about $1500 would be best, but if the perfect computer happens to be $1950 thatâs no big deal. On the other hand, just because something is only $1200 doesnât mean itâs bad.

One final note is that I would like it to be built within the past year, though I assume that's a given.

I have looked through a lot of PC review guides online and have not yet been able to find what I'm looking for, so I figured that someone on this site might be able to provide me with some assistance.

So can anyone help me out? Thanks!
Just for those who are "Windows 7 is so much better Windows 8 is just for tablets" I assume that you also know that future versions of DirectX will not include Windows 7 support... however I don't know how much of an issue that is.



Answer
1st choice I would say alienware http://www.alienware.com. also you can have one built to your specs http://www.dell.com or http://www.hp.com. try http://www.newegg.com




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: What Gaming laptop would you recommend?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment