Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Should I trade laptops?

best gaming laptops july 2012 on Gaming Desktop Cases Computer Builds 2011 2012 - small computer desk
best gaming laptops july 2012 image



Chris Farr


I am looking at trying to go more portable for starters, but still want to be able to game on my laptop. Here is the laptop I have now:

Samsung Series 7 Gamer- Bought in July of 2012
17.3: 1920x1080 120Hz Display
Intel Core i7 3610QM 2.3GHZ Quad-Core 2.3GHz (3.3GHz Turbo-boost)
16GB Ram
2x 750GB HDD's
Nvidia GTX 675M 2GB
Windows 7 x64
Possible trade:
lenovo IdeaPad Y580- only about 3 days old, has invoice for proof.
15.6" 1920x1080 Display
Intel Core i7 3630QM 2.4GHz (3.4GHz- Turbo-Boost)
8GB Ram
Nvidia GTX 660M- Also supports Optimus for longer battery-life
2x 500GB HDD's (I believe, it's listed with 1TB so either there is a 1TB or 2x500GB, considering reviews mention 2 HDD's, I'm leaning towards that.)
Windows 8 x64

My biggest thing is, should I suck it up and deal with my large 17.3" or go Small? Is the performance a big enough difference? Probably the most demanding Games I would play right now are GTA IV, Just Cause 2, Metro 2033, Starcraft II, Borderlands 2. Though I mostly play games such as Torchlight 1 & 2, Command and Conquer 3, Sims 3, Dungeon Defenders.

Will I see any noticeable drops in performance? Or is this about as close as I'll get performance wise in a trade for a smaller laptop?

Thanks for your opinions and everything. 10 points to most helpful answer!
Oh, I forgot to mention, I just found out that I can downgrade to Windows 7 x64 if I need/ want to. Lenovo has Win 7 drivers for download.
They both have Blu-Ray drives. (Which is a plus for me.)
forgot to mention the Core i7 in the Lenovo is a Quad-core cpu. Looks to be a little better than the one i have in my current laptop. I was also wrong, the Lenovo does NOT have a second HDD, it's a single 1TB 5,400 RPM. On the positive side it is smaller, and lighter. Plus I read it gets better battery life from what I read. I understand that most likely if I want to downsize in laptop size, some performance hits may happen, wither with the gpu or cpu or maybe both.



Answer
The performance will be about the same, the only big diffrence will the Screen Size and OS. Id stick with what you have now

Why am I suddenly getting disconnected from any multiplayer games?




Jose Glori


Starting last friday July 27th, 2012 my computer will no longer connect to any type of multiplayer games at all. I can still search the internet, download and even talk on skype but when it comes to any type of multiplayer games i always seem to disconnect. I can connect to games but about a minute or two after im in a match I will get disconnected. This has been confirmed in League of legends, DayZ, and recently borderlands. All produce the same effect where i can join a match but then i get disconnected after. I did not change any settings when this started happening nor did i download anything. It just seemed to happen randomly. I thought at first it may be my internet/router causing this but when I took my comp. to a friends house the same thing occurred which leaves me to believe it is my own computer. I have a Dell Inspiron N5110 laptop with Windows 7 and Intel i3 Core Processor. Please any feedback with what may be causing this and how to fix it would be appreciated. Thanks and message back if you need any more info.
I dont think its my internet please read what i wrote. I took my computer to my friends house who's internet is pretty good and it still did the same thing.



Answer
Somebody might be using your internet, or more comen, somethings wrong with ur pc




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I trade laptops?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment