Monday, March 31, 2014

Should I buy a regular windows laptop or a MacBook?




Travis


I'm 16 and I really want a laptop and I've never owned one before but I've always used desktop computers I'm mostly going to use the laptop for music and stuff... And what ways can I save/get money for it?


Answer
If your looking to play games, movies, music and lots of multimedia then go Windows

However, if your going to use it for creating and editing music and movies go Hackintosh, a Mac OS in a windows, Linux, 86x pc or laptop.

If your looking to stream Music to an android phone and an OS with a good Appstore, then find a cheap laptop thats hand made without any OS and download Linux Ubuntu and install it on your laptop

what type of laptop would you recommend?




Michelle B


Hey guys! I'm shopping for laptops but I don't understand them at all! So, obviously I have a budget so I can't buy like the best stuff and I'm hoping to go perhaps during boxing day or whatever to get a better deal or maybe to the states ( I live in Canada ). I download a lot of music and all that crap even though I eventually will delete my music or i'll store it in a memory stick but I need a LOT of hardrive memory. Is 500GB enough or is that not so good? What brands would you guys suggest? My price range would be around $400-$800 I would say $800 max but I may stretch to like $900 IF and only if it is a really good deal but i honestly don't want to spend that much. I prefer a MAC but seeing that those are way too expensive that's out of the picture. Any suggestions? What should I look for in a laptop? Thanks guys!!


Answer
The best brands for laptops are HP, Toshiba, Compaq and Gateway. Personally, I love HP's. They are great laptops and I plan to buy one myself. I would highly recommend you stay away from Dell and Sony's as they can be a real pain and expensive to fix. As for a hard drive, for the average person, 500GB is more than enough so a 500GB hard drive is a good size to go with. As for CPU brands, there's only Intel and AMD. Both brands are fine, but personally, I would go with an AMD x64 (64 bit processor). I'm not sure if they still sell x86 (32 bit) processors in laptops, but incase they do, be sure to ask for a laptop with a 64bit processor. And aside from the laptop brand, hard drive size and CPU (processor), all the other hardware is just standard hardware. However, if you are a gamer, then you should also ask for a laptop with a better graphics card inside. That's IF you are a gamer. If you're not, then don't worry about the graphics card.

And as for what Brucethemoose said, technically, he's right about a Mac being a PC, even though they are not really known as or referred to as such. As for installing Mac OS onto a PC, he's right, but he's also wrong. He's wrong because you can't install a standard version of Mac OS on a PC because PC's don't allow reading of Mac OS DVD's, plus, standard Mac OS doesn't support AMD processors as Mac only uses Intel. However, he's right because you can install Mac OS on a PC, BUT, you can't use a standard Mac OS installer DVD from Apple. It has to be a Hackintosh (hacked) version for a PC to even read the DVD and Hackintosh does support AMD. But, as for installing Win7 on a Mac, the only way I have ever heard of that being done is by using a Mac app such as Parallel or other VMware programs on Mac to do that.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Should I buy a regular windows laptop or a MacBook?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment