Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Problems with my laptop?




Madison


I've had a Compaq Presario CQ56 since December of 2010. I haven't really had many problems with it until recently. About a month ago, I was trying to replace the memory because I simply wanted to upgrade it. This of course involved taking out the battery and removing a few more things to get to it. But it turned out the cards were the wrong ones, so I replaced the old ones and sent the new ones back. But ever since then, when my battery would get to about 20 or 30 percent charge, it would completely shut off. Usually my computer would just "pause" at 5% and go right back to where it was once I plugged it in and turned everything back on. But I've had to keep it plugged in 24/7 because it just turned off randomly. Its also been a little slower. And a few days ago, I was carrying it in its bag, and I accidently bumped into something and the battery fell out. I put it back in place, of course, but tonight (about six days later) the screen went completely blank. Just white. For no reason. I completely shut off my computer and it is now sitting on the table, the cord by its side. I'm thinking maybe it overheated, but that hasn't happened, and it wasn't making any strange sounds. And I scan my computer once a week with Malwarebytes, but there hasn't been any viruses or something on it. I'm getting really nervous about my computer because it will take months until I can get a new one, and considering practically my whole life is on the computer (games I play, all my friends, school projects, work, etc.) that would just be hell.
If you're laughing at my stupidity, I understand, and it's okay.



Answer
Worth a shot? Take the battery out and unplug it. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and plug it in and start it up. I have seen this type of issue on a few Compaq models.

Which Three Should I Buy? Apple iPad, Apple iPhone 3GS, Nintendo DSi XL, PSP 3000, PSP GO, and Xbox 360 Elite?




Gamer959


I am a current PS3 Slim 120GB and a Nintendo Wii owner. I got the PS3 Slim in January, and the Nintendo Wii in December. I am looking for something new because the Nintendo Wii is starting to get very boring and the PS3 is amazing it's just that when i do not play the PS3, i want to play something else.

The Apple iPad is a very fun device and if i will buy one it will be the 16GB version which runs at $499.99. The problem with the iPad is that it is not everything that you need in a laptop, yes it is touch screen but it doesn't work like a Mac, it is not faster than a Mac, but it works like an HP Laptop which is pretty fast, but if i am going to use it for everyday use then it probably would not be the right thing for me, espcially because the iPhone 3GS is the leading device in the world and if i buy both the iPad and the iPhone 3GS i do not know if that would be stupid or not.

The Apple iPhone 3GS is a great device with many good applications, games and more. I will be buying te 16GB version of the iPhone which is $199.99. I really like it and i would want to pay $80 for a great device, but the problem is that my cousin got his iPhone and got bored with it for the next two years and started just paying money to the company which was not very fun for him. I like the iPhone's applications and games but it is just too expensive even though i can pay that much money in a month, it is just that i feel weird paying that much in a month.

The Nintendo DSi XL is a very fun device with many great games. It has a 93% larger screen than the Nintendo DS Lite and 86% larger than the Nintendo DSi. But here comes the problem, Nintendo said they are releasing the Nintendo 3DS which is supposed to replace the WHOLE Nintendo DS Series. Also, one thing that i would regret on the Nintendo DS Series, is that my friend go a Nintendo DSi the day it came out which was April 5th and played with it until April 23rd and then threw it in his closet and it is still sitting in his closet right now and he had not touched it since about one year ago. So, i am afraid that teh same thing would happen to me because i got a Nintendo DSi but returned it last year because i got bored of it but everything could have changed right now because it has AMAZING Games.

Now to the PSP 3000 and PSP GO, i like the PSP GO because everysingle UMD Game that i like is on PlayStation Network so i have nothing to worry about some games not being there. But it has a smaller screen, i do not like the PSP 3000 because of teh UMD and because it is HUGE!!! The PSP 3000 does have a bigger screen and it does look a bit more hot than the PSP GO but were not going to get into that. Now, i heard that Sony is coming out with a new PSP 2 that they are announcing at E3 2010, and i do not want to miss out on teh new system because that is supposed to compete with the Nintendo 3DS. So, should i wait until E3 2010, and if they do not announce anything then i will buy the PSP GO or should i just buy it now?

Now the Xbox 360. It has great exclusive like Halo, Gears of War, Left for Dead, Fable, etc. The Live is AMAZING especially with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. If i do buy one i will either buy the Final Fantasy 13 Bundle which is $399.99 or the Spring 2010 Bundle which includes two free games at teh price of $299.99. But, i already have a PS3 and a Nintendo Wii so the Xbox 360 Elite might just be a waste. It also has the Red Ring of Death which could happen anytime. Also, they might release a NEW XBOX between now and 2012. Also, pricing is not an issue but if Microsoft decreases the price every year for the Xbox 360 and then next year it is $199.99 wouldn't they have to come out with something new because the prices are too cheap. Like right now it is $299.99 so would they keep it at $299.99 for another two years or DO THEY HAVE TO DECREASE THE PRICE EVERY YEAR. Like i said pricing is not an issue i just said that they might release something new shich i am afraid of happening.

Anyway thank you everybody and please do not just say what you want me to get explain what you want me to get to get best answer. YOU WILL NOT GET BEST ANSWER IF YOU DO NOT EXPLAIN!!!! SO YOU HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST 6-8 SENTENCES BECAUSE PLEASE IF YOUR WERE IN MY PLACE THIS IS A HARD SITUTATION THAT NEEDS A LOT OF EXPLINATION. SO EVERYBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!!!! Thank you everybody and i wish you all good luck with helping reach my decision!!!



Answer
iPhone 3GS
Because not only has this phone become so popular, but the applications that have been developed for it are truly amazing. There really is almost an application for everything. On the downside, they can be pricy and are rumored to be quite fragile, however I have dropped mine countless times and not broken it. The iPhone has great reception, it's easy to navigate, and so long as you're willing to pay the cost, you should have no problem.



xBox 360 Elite
I myself have an xBox 360 Elite, and it's possibly one of my favourite gaming consoles besides the PC. The range of games and the genres they come in are endless as well, plus the graphics are bright and perfect, and the gaming experience it gives is just plain awesome. These things aren't really that heavy either, plus you can usually pick one up at a secondhand store in good condition for about $320. If you're the kind of guy who wants to play online, play a lot of games, and wants something GOOD to play, this is the way to go.


PSP Go
The reason I tell you this as my third option is because I have a PsP Go and I use it constantly.
I'm 23, but still in lunch breaks, this is great to take my mind off stuff.
The graphics are magnificent for a machine of it's size, it has the best possible features available, there is again a wide variety of games, and they are easy to carry around. If you know your way around internet, these things can connect to your home wireless net, which is great for using facebook, MSN, myspace and so on.


So these are my 3 choices. And I can explain why not for the other three.


iPad
As you said, yes they aren't everything that you want in a laptop.
Sure, they look good and they're neat to carry around because of the slimness, but let's face it, can it do everything a normal Mac or even a Windows computer can do?
I can't tell if you're a gamer of not, so i can't exactly source what you're using things like these for, but I assume you are because of the gaming consoles you mention.
An iPad would be incapable of running games, nor would it have the power to run anything like runescape, and for 500 bucks, you could pick yourself up a good and probably better desktop computer which would be much more versatile. Even a laptop might be a hundred dollars more and you would get your moneys worth out of it.



PSP 3000
The reason I knocked this one was because the PSP Go is far better compared to this one.
If you're willing to spend the money on it, the PSP Go has the better graphics, and the better portability. PSP 3000's are cheap, and you can rarely find a store around with one brand new.


Nintendo DSi XL
The reason I chose not to answer this one is because I'm not a huge DS fan. The DS's graphics are still inferior to even the Nintendo Gamecube and that of a PC, however if you enjoy the cutsie games, then this would be the way to go.
However I think their prices are largely overrated for the output they give.



Hope this helps ya :)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Problems with my laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment