Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Can I put a 1gb graphics card in my Macbook Pro?




miles


I would like to upgrade my NVIDIA GeForce GT graphics card with 512mb of discrete memory to something more powerful. I am using a Macbook pro with Windows Vista 64 bit installed, and I would like to play games in higher quality. Does anyone know if that is possible, and are there any recommendations?


Answer
No. Not possible.
1) As with most laptops, the GPU is highly integrated to the main logic board (motherboard for PC users). You can't change it out without breaking the board.

2) For an apple? Drivers would be horrendous for anything aftermarket. Worse than a hackintosh. Even if it were possible, you wouldn't get any support, and the MBPro already gets ridiculously hot.

If you want gaming, get a PC desktop, or spend 4000-5000 on a gaming laptop. ALSO, the new MBPro actually has a pretty powerful graphics chip, relative to what's out there. Most of the 1GB cards you'd find for a desktop are actually quite slow. You usually only get a benefit of the larger video RAM when running 1920 (a little) or more noticeably when running 30" at 2560.

You should do a little homework about video technology before you go tearing apart a 2000-3000 Apple laptop.

Should I install Hackintosh on my laptop when I get my new desktop?




Nick B


Kalyway 10.5.3

I rarely use me laptop for gaming. Thats what my desktop will be for.

This is just a poll, btw.



Answer
To satisfy your curiosity, I will have to give a positive reply (To protect the innocent)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can I put a 1gb graphics card in my Macbook Pro?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment