Thursday, January 30, 2014

Can a laptop with two graphics cards swap to use for display?




bloodhorde


I have an Asus laptop and when I bought it it had Intel graphics HD 3000 and a NVIDIA Geforce GT 540m. Naturally I would want it to be on the Geforce card but when I right click my desktop and go to screen resolution and advanced settings it shows that my monitor and my laptop screen both are running off the Intel graphics HD card.


Answer
This shows how to add your games to the list in Nvidia Control Panel
Open Nvidia Control Panel by typing it in start/search then click on it.
Click on 'Manage 3D Settings'
http://netbooknetwork.net/2010/force-nvidia-processor-on-specific-programs-for-laptops-with-nvidia-optimus/

When you are not gaming it will use the Intel graphics to save power.
Add your games "exe" to the list and the Nvidia Graphics driver will load automatically when you start the game.

Is it possible to change my graphics card?




Centrex


HI
I have a new laptop and its pretty good for gaming.. its just that it seems a little slower for gaming than I expected.. So can you tell me if it is possible to change my graphics card by looking at this?
here are my stats -
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 12/15/2010, 17:07:18
Machine name: JOSH-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II P920 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3834MB RAM
Page File: 2023MB used, 5644MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x68C1)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Display Memory: 2676 MB
Dedicated Memory: 1014 MB
Shared Memory: 1661 MB
Current Mode: 1366 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor

So to you think i will be able to change it and would it just be better to upgrade ram rather than graphics card?... also if I am not able to change anything do you know anyways to make it handle higher graphic games???
Thanks!



Answer
sorry. You cant change or replace your graphics card because ur graphics adapter dac type is not external. Its internal. So you cant change or upgrade ur graphics. nd there is no way to speed up your gaming performance a bit higher. Dont worry, u have a hd graphics then why r u askin for a upgrade. U should be happy with ur lappie.
if u like my post then make my post as best answer. Ok bye.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Can a laptop with two graphics cards swap to use for display?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment