Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Is This A Good Budget "Gaming" Laptop?

bestgaminglaptops.net on RockMelt topped our first speed test, leading with 6619 points, only ...
bestgaminglaptops.net image



Tech Wiz


The reason I have the " around gaming is because it's a gaming laptop I just want to know if it could run crysis 2 or MW3 on medium settings. My setup is:

Processor: Intel Core i5 Dual Core (2nd Generation) 2430M 3GHZ (3MB L3 Cache)

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000

Ram: 4GB

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64BIT)

Here are links of people playing crysis on all high settings and I didn't know if they are actually played with this graphics card.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g00Y5K-SE-4 ( Hes just got a slightly different processor but the same graphics card )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAPErc8o8os&feature=related

Also I wasn't home and my mom went looking for laptops and the manager at staples said this card is not built into the motherboard which if it was it would be integrated. I told my mom that if wasn't built into the motherboard it was dedicated, but then I thought it could also be in the processor. So another question is, is the graphics card dedicated or built into the processor.



Answer
Intel HD Graphics 3000 is integrated graphics. Quote: With Sandy Bridge, Intel has incorporated the graphics processing unit onto the same silicon as the CPU cores. The GPU communicates with the CPU cores along the high-speed ring bus and shares the L3 cache with the CPU cores.
You'd be better off with a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. Here's an article to read:
http://www.bestgaminglaptop.net/articles-guides/laptop-graphics-card-top-10/
It states that if you don't have a graphics card as least as good as the cheapest on this list, forget about Crysis 2.

Laptop Preference Questions?




Mandy<3:D


Hello. Soon I'd like to start saving up money to buy a new laptop.

I'd like to buy a laptop for gaming purposes. I know that people say that desktops are preferable for gaming, but I have some different issues with setting that stuff up.

I've previously owned an Acer, I do not remember which model it was. It was around 500 dollars. Right now I use a Toshiba, and it is a Satellite model. I don't like either, the acer only lasted for about a year, and the Toshiba is wearing out. I tend to use my laptops for long periods of time, so I'd like something that lasts a long time but runs fast.

I play games like Oblivion, WoW, Sims, and other games.

If anyone could suggest a good laptop, I'd be grateful.
Currently, I'm looking at a Sony Vaio, ASUS, Dell, or HP.



Answer
I wouldn't touch HP

Sony Vaio your paying for a name

Dell is just like Acer CRAP

ASUS is nice but I think you should look into LENOVO its the company IBM sold too.

I have had my Lenovo for 10 yrs just upgraded the ram to 6gb and the OS to win7
Still faster than any of my friends laptops though I dont have usb 3.0 oh my!

Seriously best investment I have ever made....well when concerning computers

I have the y510 ideapad

LENOVO website:
http://lenovo.com/us/en/#ss

if you have a lot of money here:
http://www.bestgaminglaptop.net/articles-guides/top-10-gaming-laptops/

the website will guide you to the right one for you




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is This A Good Budget "Gaming" Laptop?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment