Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Is there any equivalent to this laptop and for a similar price?

best gaming laptops july on Best Gaming Equipment Reviews | The best gear for consoles, desktops ...
best gaming laptops july image






http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668231.php The price on Best Buy is $1089, so is there any equivalent to this laptop?

-Gaming laptop too
-Can play the Sims 3 smoothly at Max settings.



Answer
Not a bad price for a nice mach.. A # of retailers are going to start tossing in a free upgrade to windows seven sometime this coming week so you might want to check with them on that. & I suspect you will find some nice deals on Price Grabber if you were to watch that for awhile as well as some good deals as the 4th of July holiday draws near.

Still its nice & if that is what I wanted I would likely accept that price.

What are some graphics cards that are compatible with my computer?




Bkk


My computer is an HP Pavilion a1240n. Yes I know, its an old computer, but im just looking to do some gaming on low graphics till i get my college laptop, which is in july. I upgraded my power supply a while ago so its 300w now. So, what are some graphics cards that will work with my computer? My budget is around 60-70 dollars


Answer
Yes, it very old and before PCIex slots were used for graphics cards. I believe that particular HP model used the ASUS PTGD-LA motherboard and came with 128MB of integrated graphics. Details here: http://www.pcupgrade.co.uk/productdetails.asp?ProductID=8892&categoryid=260

It is an unusual motherboard as it has only PCI slots and no AGP slot [required for a decent standalone graphics card]. There are some older PCI graphics cards available but the only one I can find in USA that might offer any performance upgrade is a 256MB card with the old ATI 9250 chipset, for $50 here: http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Stealth-256MB-Video-S9250PCI256/dp/B000B74H10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327955229&sr=8-1

I don't know what performance you will get with games though, as it is so old [but you did ask]




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Is there any equivalent to this laptop and for a similar price?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment