Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Why do games on my computer lag so badly?

best gaming laptops of 2013 on Best Gaming Computers To Buy in 2013 : Laptops, Desktops
best gaming laptops of 2013 image



Kaitlin


I do have a lot of games on my computer (GTA IV, Tf2, Left 4 Dead 2, SCP Version 0.9.0, Surgeon Simulator 2013 and SCP-087-B) is it because of the amount of games I have? I don't want to have to buy a new laptop because I'm only 15 and I don't have a job yet so it'll take me like 3 years to get a decent gaming laptop just doing chores. Advice?


Answer
Without more information about your computer (type of processor, amount of RAM, type of graphics card) it's impossible for us to say.

PC games really need a fast PC with a lot of memory (RAM) and most importantly, a powerful graphics card. Most laptops do not have a powerful graphics card. Instead they use a graphic chip that shares your system's memory. This not only takes memory away from your programs (so they run slower) but also causes games to run slower because regular memory isn't as fast as video memory.

While you can often add RAM to a laptop, you can't change the processor or the graphics chip so most likely you'll have to buy a whole new gaming laptop and they're cheap. You would be better off aiming for a gaming desktop which starts at around $1000 including monitor.

Is it worth waiting for next gen processors/laptops or just buy one now?




Kamil


I've heard rumors of some "Haswell" processors by Intel to debut spring 2013, so I'm debating whether to wait for the new technology or just buy a laptop now. I'm planning on getting a light-gaming laptop, possibly a Lenovo Z580 (with the NVidia GeForce 640m). Need some advice, 10 points for best answer!
Or even next gen graphic cards, any changes to ssds, etc.



Answer
There is always going to be new technology. For example, if you didn't have the cash to buy windows 7 when it came out, and bought one around this time, you'd find windows 8 already stepped in. My advice is to buy a laptop now, with strong capacities and good processors. Your lenovo sounds okay. As with any computer, take care of it and it will last. If you buy a computer with good specs, it will at least last you a few years. But this is just my opinion. If you like sparkly fancy stuff that just came out and has no reviews, wait. :)

...

That sounded incredibly biased, didn't it? Sorry.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

Title Post: Why do games on my computer lag so badly?
Rating: 100% based on 99998 ratings. 5 user reviews.
Author: Unknown

Thank FOr Coming TO My Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment